Chapter 24

Song: "BTS / The Chainsmokers Young Forever Closer mix"

(Song above remixed by this amazing YouTuber):  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAwveaJIwPif_zuqSXEYtrA

Doing some idol business today!

---

(Y/N) POV:

It was about one o'clock, I'd say. We had finished our quite early lunch, and I was sitting on the sofa again, watching some TV.

"FOREVER~ WE ARE YOUNG~" My phone starts creating music. Hoseok, Mingyu and Chan look at me. I quickly look at the alarm.

'Time to go to SM cuz we gonna do some idol shit~' It says. I immediately turn it off, before anyone can witness my BTS phone alarm. I check the time: 13:03. I have to be there at 13:50 as I remember. Phew, I was about to forget about it. I get my lazy body off of the sofa, missing the comfortable, relaxed feeling.

---

After a dash up the stairs and a rather sped up routine of getting changed, I'm satisfied of what I've completed in a short time. It's 13:18. I should probably get myself there now, I don't know how long the journey is. However much I'd find the ride more interesting if I went with somebody, they're probably quite busy. EXO have to do some photo-shoots later today as well.

---

I'm happy that I had got out of the house early, since there was some traffic. A lot of people had face paint and team scarves, so I guess there was a big football match. I would say the weather was average. The sun was out, but it wasn't that warm. Just average, as I say. When I had been dropped off by the taxi man, it was 13:45. That's good, but when they say '13:50 sharp' is earlier accepted? Oh well, it'll probably take around five minutes to wait for my go with the receptionist and get around the building. I don't know if I'm excited to officially become a rapper or not.

---

"Well, you've come at the right time today haven't you, (Y/N)?" smiles Sungsoo. I nod nervously. I realise that Sooman wasn't here, probably busy with organising the photoshoot stuff.

"Firstly, we'll need you to sign a contract." Sihyuk tells me. He pushes a white, perfect looking piece of paper, covered in small black typed writing. Leaning forward a bit more, I read the contract. It was mainly things like 'I'm pretty okay if my face is all over the internet', 'I won't do anything too damn stupid' and stuff, except in more formal language. I'm down to the bottom, but the last statement surprises me.

'I will not be in a romantic relationship while occupying this career.'

Before signing it, I look up at them.

"I know it's common for idols to not be allowed to have a boyfriend or girlfriend, but that's normally the people in bands! I'm a solo artist. Besides, it's not like I'm going to be having sex with boys every week or something!" I sulk a bit.

"You don't have to be an idol then, if you don't want to." Sihyuk begins to stretch his arm out to take the paper.

"F-fine! It's not like I can get a job better than this anyway..." I sigh. I bet there's more to come from this, why does this have to be so complicated? Oh well, I don't currently have feelings for anyone anyway. Sungsoo hands me a fancy fountain pen. It's a midnight black, with some gold details. The pen feels cold in my pen, and a bit heavy. I feel like it's trying to say:

"Sign the freakin' thing already!"

You're right, pen, you're right. The pen scratches on the paper, and within a few swift movements, I have signed it. I have to obey every rule on that piece of paper now. The more I think about it, the more I feel like I've done something to regret.

"Well, welcome to SM!" Sihyuk smiles. Well, at least some of the tension is gone.

"Right. So how do I get started?" I ask.

"Firstly, we think you should have a stage name. We have thought of a few." Sungsoo tells me.

"Zyshee, BoomSlang, Skream, Mamba." He continues. I say nothing, expecting for him to say something.

"Well?" Sihyuk asks.

"Oh, uh, don't I have much time to think about it?" I ask, scratching the back of my neck. The two look at each other.

"Well, we do need to get you started soon." He nods.

"I'll... go with BoomSlang." After about a minute of thinking, I decide. Do we really have to rush this part?

"Great! BS will be the shorter version. We'll start by creating social media pages together first."

I didn't realise that they had already brought in an expensive looking laptop.

---

We had finished our YouTube page, which was all we needed for now.

My logo / profile picture:

(Sorry if the quality is bad

(Sorry if the quality is bad...)

And the banner. Imagine yourself in that position, with your hairstyle. Where it says 'BoomSlang', it should be in a font similar to your logo. It's just to show you what it generally looks like:

 It's just to show you what it generally looks like:

They had given me the password. I was told not to post any videos without permission, and not to comment unless urgent either. I don't really know why they gave me the password in the first place. The music video's editing was completed, too. I'm surprised it was done so quickly. I can't wait to show it to Joy! I'll admit, I looked pretty good in it.

We uploaded it on that day. I had seen the music video, it was amazing. They talked about me on SMTown and Bighit's YouTube channel, and also subscribed to me. 

"Once you gain 15 million views on your music video, we'll create social media's." The two tell me. 

---

Well, (Y/N), you're an idol! How does that feel? I feel good. I feel bad. I feel strange. My music video, MY music video, with ME in it, is now out there. It's out there, somewhere, where anyone can see it. Anyone can love it, anyone can criticise it. Is that a good thing? Anything you do online will get you hate. Most of the time you'll get supporters too, though. Will I get both? Or will I just have hate? Stop thinking so much! Anyway, once this taxi gets home, I'll subscribe to the channel. I'll hopefully be the first person to like the video, and comment on it. I wonder what I should say.

---

Well, well, well! 

We'll see how you gain popularity in the next chapter. 

What do you think? Will you become famous, or infamous? Or just unknown?