Chapter 2:Who are you?

I have never been at a party this grand. Well I really never been to a party. Maybe this is why mama wanted me to go so bad.

"This was not the type of party I was expecting."

I looked around and saw that this was a grand ballroom.

"Zatia, do you want to leave?"

"No! Lets sit." She says pulling me to a nearby table.

"Um, excuse me" A guy walked up to Zatia  "I am Aswad and who might you be?"

" I am Zatia" she says with a smirk.

"Well then Ms.Zatia.....may I have this dance?" He asks holding out his hand.

She looked at me for permission because she did not want to leave me alone in this big party by myself. I just smile and nodded at her and she mouthed the words thank you back to me.

Ugh.

This is going to be a LONG night.

................................................................

I been sitting at this table for almost an hour.

I wish I never came. I was looking for Zatia to tell her that I am leaving but I could not find her. I kept looking until I just gave up. There is absolutely too many people here to be looking for one specific person. I'll just leave.

I pushed in my chair until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Mholweni" I said to the guy.

"Can I have this dance?" he said to me.

"Can I have a name?" He looked at me and started to laugh.

I don't get it.

"What's so funny?" I asked

"Oh, you are being serious? You really don't know who I am?" He said with a now serious tone. But I just shook my head at him.

" I am T'Challa and who might you be?"

"I am Jamila."

"So Ms. Jamila, can I now have this dance?" He said with a beautiful smile so of course I had to say yes.

We then made our way to the dance floor. He hasn't taken his eyes off of me yet once we hit the dance floor. We just started to sway with the music because a new song was about to come on.It almost felt as if we were the only one's in the room. Maybe it was because as soon as we started dancing the floor cleared. I am so confused.

"What's going on?" I whispered to T'Challa.

"Nothing. Just dance with me."

"See that's the problem. I honestly don't know how to dance." I look down at me feet in embarrassment. He lifted my head up with his fingers.

"I am not going to judge you just because you don't know how to dance. Just follow my lead."

Who is this guy.

Not only that the floor was cleared and we was the only one's out there, but EVERYBODY was staring at us. THE WHOLE TIME. I just kept staring into T'Challa's eyes so I wouldn't feel so nervous. And it worked. We got so lost in each others eyes that we were still dancing and the song was OVER. We finally came to a stop and he bowed at me. I am so lost, why would he bow at me? I just went along with it and curtsy at him. He then took my hand and lead me outside.

"Where are we going."

He just looked at me and smiled.

He took me to this beautiful garden. This is not your average garden. There was Strelitzia retinae's all  over the garden. I was in such awe that I did not realize that he lead me to a bench.

"Look" He told me and pointed up

I gasped at all the stars I seen before my eyes. I never seen that many stars before.

"Amazing right"

"Absolutely beautiful."

" Just like you Jamila" He then looked me in the eye. I stopped staring at the stars and looked at him as well. We were so lost in each others eyes AGAIN, that we eventually started to lean in. This is it. Im about to have my first kiss in a long time. Well, about to was the right thing to say because we were inches apart before-

"YOUR HIGHNESS" a guy from behind us shouted.

I turned so fast that I'm pretty sure I almost snapped my neck. Who is he talking to?

"Wrong room."

"Yes"

Me and T'Challa said at the same time. This time I stared at him and he looked at his servant.

"Your father wishes to see you."

"In a moment" and the servant left.

"Wow" I got up and I was about to leave until T'Challa Pulled my arm.

"Let me go, your highness." I said with a little attitude.

"Please don't ruin our moment."

"You could have at least told me that you were a prince! Ugh! That explains everything, except one thing...." He looked at me wanting me to continue.

"Why did you bring me to this garden?"

"Im not supposed to show anybody this room. This room is special to my family and I. The flowers, they represent my family and how strong we are. But as you see.... they are expanding."

"What does that mean?" I ask sitting back down.

"It means that our family will be expanding as well and I wanted to start the expansion, but not by myself. I wanted to do it with you. I was so happy to find that you didn't  know who I was. I have finally met a person who does not care about the royalty but they care about me."

"T'Challa what are you saying?"

"I'm saying-

he got down on one knee and held both of my hands.

"I was here to look at the other princess from the other kingdoms but instead I found a beautiful star. Jamila please stay in the kingdom with me to be my future princess."

"UH-