Chapter 6: Lucky to have you

Today is the day!!

Im getting married to the prince of Wakanda!

Right now my cousin Nani is finishing  my make-up and my aunt Abeo is finishing my hair.

"You are all done" Abeo says.

"Wow, I did a good job. I mean you-look pretty cute- I mean beautiful. I guess." Nani says as she walks away. Nani is always so full of herself. When her mom found out her boyfriend cheated on her, she never knew it would be her own daughter he cheated on her with. And she still doesn't believe it to this day.

 And she still doesn't believe it to this day

I left the room to put on my dress. I was so long, that if I walked down to the lobby my dress would still be in my room.

Mama,King T'Chaka, and Queen Ramonda walked in my room

"Its almost time!" King T'Chaka says smiling at me.

"You look very beautiful Jamila."

"Thank you Ramonda"

"Here this is something old" T'Chaka says walking to me. It was a anklet with a glowing brown-ish gem on it.

"Something new" Queen Ramonda handed me a beautiful boutique of flowers."You can walk down the else with them." She said smiling at me.

"Something borrowed" Mama handed me a locket. When you opened it you saw the picture from when I was 10 like the one in my room.

"Mama,"I said in tears.

"Your father wore this everyday when he went to work so he could always have us with him no matter what and on your wedding day he wanted to give this to you so you can have us wherever you go. He would be so proud of you beautiful."

By the time she finished all of us were in tears. I tried so hard not to cry because I wanted to be strong for my mama and papa.

They all kissed my forehead and went for the door. Mama and T'Chaka walked out but Queen Ramonda stayed back and she had a small box in her hand.

"Something blue. I wore it when I married  T'Chaka. T'Challa is a very lucky to have you." and with that she walked out. I put on the headband and everything else that they gave me. When I was finished I looked in the mirror and smiled.

KNOCK KNOCK KNCOK

"Come in"

"Ms.Jamila, this is from prince T'Challa and he wishes you to open it effective immediately." He places the box in my hands. "Oh and the people wait for you. I will be your escort to the main lobby along with 5 other guards to meet with your friend.....Zatia." With that he left my room and closed the door.

I sat down and opened the letter on top of the box.

My Love,

I can't wait to see you in your beautiful dress walking down the else. Here is something to put on now but for later.

                                   T'Challa

I finally opened the box to see a garter in the colors of the wakanda flag on it. I put it on and walked out of the door. I walked out to see the same servant and the other body guards.

"Ready?" he said with a smile and I just nodded for an approval.

Ok here we go.