isahluko 22: You have my word

The next day we were back on schedule but just as King and Queen.

Today Nakia and I were walking through the markets.

"Come on Nakia

"Come on Nakia. Please stay with me, with us in the palace."

"Jamila, you know that I cannot do that. I only came to support you and T'Challa and I only did that because I did not come to your wedding."

I look at her for a moment and continued walking.

"It's just, half of my colony out there. I seen too many in need just to turn a blind eye. I can't be happy here knowing its people out there who have nothing."

"What would you have Wakanda do about it?"

"Share what we have. We can provided aid and excess to technology and refugees if we need to."

"I don't know Nakia."

"Other countries do it, We can do it better."

"Nakia look around. We are nothing like those other countries. If the world found out what we truly are. What we posses. We could lose our way of life."

"Wakanda is strong enough to help others and protect our selves at the same time." We walk into a jewelry hut and look around.

"Ill talk to T'Challa about it" I say looking at her and she smiles at me and jumps up and down. I found a pair of pink bracelets.

"Queen Jamila." I turn around to the warrior Arazi.

"Yes Arazi" I say holding the bracelets and I wave my hands in the air telling the owner to come.

"King T'Challa wishes to see you." I smile at her and give her a slight nod.

"How much are these two bracelets?" I ask the owner.

"Take it. Its free. Just for you my queen." He said bowing at me. He turned around and I slipped a 20 in his pocket. I look back at Nakia and she laughed.

"He told you to take them."

"And we would have got back and forth about it. So I decided to not waste time and slip it in his pocket." I say and we walk out.

"Here."

"I will give you this as my word to try to convince T'Challa into helping you and achieving your goal

"I will give you this as my word to try to convince T'Challa into helping you and achieving your goal."

"Thank you cousin." She hugs me and begins to walk back to the car.

"Any news on Zatia."

"No. I...I don't want to think the worst but I can't help but to think that she is-"

"Jamila dont you dare say that. Have hope that she will soon come back to you one day." She says grading my hand.

The thing is, I did have hope. My hope is just slowly fading away and I don't want it to but my old friend named reality is knocking at my door telling me to wake up and telling me that she will never answer the phone and she is never coming back home.