My Past.

*YOUR POV*
⚠️WARNING--
-MAJOR SWEARING
-SELF HARM TRIGGER WARNING
-NOT A TRUE STORY
My Past.
Before the world went to sh*t, I was actually f*cking normal. I had good grades, I was a good person, I have friends, I was known as the popular girl at my school. Life was perfect. Until July 26, 2009. I was 9 years old. My mother got in a terrible car accident. She died weeks later in the hospital. It was so unfair. She had been in a coma and they just-- gave up...

I had a best friend. Everyone made fun of me for being friends with him because he's a boy and everyone in my school were sexist b*tches. His name is Carl. We had told each other EVERYTHING. My past, he knows about everything except the actual truth of my mother. I told him she moved away and never came back. He believed me. His mom took me at the start of the apocalypse. My dad had not came to pick me up yet and my mom, well, you know. Lori and Shane took me while Carl's dad was supposedly dead. I didn't believe Shane for one fat minute.

After the break out, I thought my dad was dead. He never picked me up. Not even tried to! Lori, Shane, Carl and I waited 10 minutes for him to pick me up after school and he never came. We took off. I went home to pack my bags. I saw his head, laying on our old, brown, round dining table. Dead. A gun to the head. Next to his head was a note;

" Dear Y/n,
You will probably never see this. I am sorry. You are the reason I am who I was in the 10 years you've been alive. Your mother was my everything. You're all I have left of her!! I trust what you do within this world the way it is now. Stay with Carl's family! I trust them.
I saw a person get ate by the dead on live TV and couldn't be strong enough to feel the same. Be strong for me baby. Be strong. Be mom.
I love you.
-Your dad."

Tears fell from your eyes as you packed. You took the note from the table and put it in your bag. After packing, you got in the car with Carl, Lori, and Shane. Carl was concerned because of the tears that had dripped from the pinkness of your cheeks. Carl asked what was wrong but you shrugged it off and said your fish died. You didn't have a fish.

You guys arrived on the freeway, it was blocked. Cars filled up the roads blocking any exit. Bombs were being dropped in the city. Carl and I started crying and hugged one another seeing the hospital being bombed as well. The same hospital his dad had been staying in. Carl and you weren't dating but it had looked like it to others with the looks they gave you.

Shane found a camp in a quarry miles away from the freeway. It was quiet. You had found a razor blade in Dale's RV. Why did he have a razor blade in there? I don't know. You walked past Carl and headed for the woods, hiding the blade. "Y/n! Wait." He caught up, "Where are you going?" He asked. "I need to go pee. Amy is hogging the bathroom." You respond and continue on.

Deep into the woods, you started cutting. You had been wearing a long sleeve dark red knitted sweater that day so thank god in your case. Tears ran down your cheek as you poked the blade to begin a small cut. Stopping after 3 minutes, you head back. Tears dried so it didn't look like you were crying. No one suspected a thing.

Carl was pleased to have you back.

A few years passed, you had went from a quarry, to a CDC, to a farm, to a prison, to a place owned by cannibals, to a small shack during a storm, to Alexandria. Carl was lucky throughout the years. His dad came back, he had a new baby sister, but one thing. Lori died during birth. It was sad for you because she was like a 2nd mom. You got over the passing and moved on.

*YOUR POV - NOW*

"Carl. I need to talk to you." You say walking up to the porch of your guys house you shared with Rick, Michonne, and Judith.

Looking concerned, Carl replied "Yes..?"

You lift up the sleeves of your shirt to reveal the 6 year old scars. "I haven't told you the whole truth about my past."

Carl looking completely shocked, took your hand, led you up to your guys room and said, "Tell me everything."
----------------------------------------------
A/N: Okay, yes I understand y/n was 10 when she cut herself on purpose. Just because shes 10 doesn't mean she can't go through depression (For anyone who was going to comment that).
Next, the past was supposed to be how it started in the apocalypse for you and what had happened to your parents. Not a whole life story.
Also, if you read this and got offended, hurt, reminded of self harm, etc. It is not my fault. I warned you at the beginning of the story of the content within it.
Lastly, yes. All the characters that have died within the show up until the beginning of Season 8, are dead in this story. Carl is not dead in my stories but they do revolve around Season 8!! Basically he never got bit is what I'm saying.
ONE MORE THING, there will be a part 2 to this BUT it is not going to be posted until like 5+ other stories are posted. I don't like putting them back to back.
I hope you enjoy me writing daily since Monday, and the story itself!!
See you tomorrow. Bye guys!!
-Bailey.