I'm Sorry.

*WARNING*
This specific story mentions self harm. Nobody does it, BUT if you are easily triggered PLEASE skip this story just for the safety of your mental state :)

*Y/N POV*
I started to cry. When I realized my family had got ripped apart right in front of me. Carl grabbed my waist and pulled me away before my dead sister who came back reached my skin. He shot her in the head with no hesitation. The people that made me who I was, were gone. I felt how I had felt when my grandma passed away when I was thirteen. I had scars on my arms from that event but nobody really cared about them as they aren't recent. We found the church moments after my family being bit. A man named Gabriel led us there, my thoughts were blurred so I didn't really care for who led us there, I just couldn't focus on anything then what had happened 10 minutes ago.

"Y/N! Y/N! Are you with me?" Carl said, shaking my body that was standing in front of the burning building with my family along inside of it. I went into shock and just starred of into nothing.

I snapped out of it as soon as Carl had grabbed me from behind, snaking his arms around my waist and carrying me. He set me down and then picked me back up, re-positioning me, and I wrapped my legs around his waist, burying my head in the crook of his neck. Tears running down my face as he ran with me in his arms and catching with the rest of the group.

"What happened, Carl? Is she bit?" Rick says almost immediately after stopping from running from the burning walkers.

"No dad, she's fine. She's just in shock. She just lost everyone in her family all at once? You think she's gonna be okay?!" Carl said, with seriousness. 'Fine' was just the right word to use. Fine never means anything good really. After saying it, someone can look into your eyes and say "you're not okay" because of one word. Carl knew that. Rick didn't.

We got inside the church and Carl took me to the back room almost right when we walked in. He sat me down and said a few things with his fingers intertwined with my own, "Y/n, please. Come back. I am SO SORRY this happened to you, I could never understand how much pain you feel right now, but it's paining me just as much to not have you here right now. I'm sorry. I really am. I am here whenever you need me, and when you... awake, from this trance type of thing you're in, I'll be here with a big kiss, a big hug, and a big amount of comfort. I love you, and I'm sorry this happened." He said, letting the words fall right out of his mouth, not stuttering or pausing. I heard him but I just couldn't get the courage or bravery to talk without crying.

I stood up. Carl's blue eyes got bigger than they ever had before. I draped my arms around his shoulders and smacked my lips on to his passionately. He didn't expect any of it and neither did it. He began to speak again, "Are you okay? Can you talk? I'm here, baby!" He said. I look at him and didn't say anything, I just shook my head and nuzzled by head back into his neck, as he kept his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I...love you... too." I finally spoke.