Can I Barrow Your Hat?

It was a hot day. You and Carl were at the prison. Carl and Rick were farming. Everyone had been doing something productive but you, only you, didn't have a job to do. Until Rick called me over.

"Y/n!! Can you come here please?" Rick yells to me. I was outside reading comics to cure my boredom.

"Yeah!" I say. Standing up excitingly because I'll finally have something to do.

"Can you help Carl with farming? I have more work needed to be done." Rick says, grinning more than ever.

"Of course." I reply. Rick walks off. "Hey Carl, can I barrow your hat?" You chuckle out.

You and Carl were friends. You like him but never knew if he liked you back as much as you ever did.

"Why? Is the sun burning you?" He says in a joking/taunting manner.

"Yep. And I think your cheeks are pretty cute when they're red, so I don't think you'll need it." I tease.

Carl's cheeks burned of a bright red color from blushing. He was shocked you admired his blushing cheeks.

"I think you're cute in general." He said rubbing the back of his neck. Carl finally breaks and hands you his hat.

"You want water?" You ask.

"Sure!" Carl says. You walk off forgetting you're even wearing his hat.

"Woah!" Glenn says and stops to talk while you get Carl and you some water.

"...What?" You say confused as ever.

"Carl never lets anyone where his hat," Glenn chuckled out, "you must be special." He winks and walks off.

"I KNOW I AM!" You yell in a joking manner toward him.

You head back down to the field and Carl laughed. "I heard that." He said laughing his butt off.

"Carl..." I pause and he stops laughing, "I like you! A lot...." Admitted. You admitted something you've always wanted to admit.

Rick, Glenn, and Maggie was starring in the distance but you two didn't notice.

"I like you too..." He paused like me, "but, I'm gonna need my hat back!" He says.

"For what?" I ask all pouty.

"So I can cover our faces as we kiss so my dad, Glenn, and Daryl stop staring at us like maniacs.

Carl put the hat high enough to cover your faces as you two started to kiss. He grabbed your hand, started to walk up the tiny hill, out of the courtyard.

"I win." He says to Glenn, taking our hands and raising them high enough to see them interlocked.