Christmas With The Grimes

Requested by @bitchyunicorn46 (hope you like it):

*Your POV*

My eyes fluttered open, seeing the light peak through the window curtains in Carl and I's room. In between the cracks of the cutains, the snow fell gracefully on the roof of the houses in Alexandria, and in the ground outside. It was so gorgeous. Even better, sleeping peacefully next to me, was my handsome boyfriend, Carl.

I decided to climb out of bed and go on a short run to the broken down mall 13 miles out. Christmas was in 2 days and finding presents when it's the end of the world is not necessarily the easiest task. I left Carl a note on the dresser in our room saying I'll be back soon and that I just went "shopping."

The mall was empty, a few walkers here and there but nothing I can't handle by myself. I see the store 'Hot Topic' and immediately run there. That used to be Carl's favorite store growing up, all the band t-shirts, the POP figurines, and the zodiac rings. The store was still full of stuff. All the shirts were still in stock, and all of the stuff was still here, matter of fact- most of the stuff in the mall was still there accept anything in the food places. I grabbed a bunch of t-shirts from bands and shows he used to like, a few bracelets, zodiac rings, posters, and a couple things for myself and others back at Alexandria. I rushed to a few other stores, Justice (Just For Girls) for Judith, Old Navy for Rick, FYE for Michonne, and some other stores for Maggie and everyone else there. There was so much stuff! I haven't been into a mall forever.

I got in and out quickly- then remembered. I need wrapping paper. I rushed to the closest Chirstmas store which was luckily near a market center. What a coincidence. I grabbed some cute wrapping papers and left without trouble.

I got back to my room, 2 hours later. Carl was awake reading comics. "You're back." He said.

"I am." I grinned, "And you gotta leave this room for minimum 1 hour." I laughed, holding up my giant bag of goodies.

"Oh? Are those presents?" He said, trailing the s, "For me and everyone else?" He finished.

"Yeah. And unless you are good at wrapping, then I'd exit." I giggled.

"Oh I'm a pro at wrapping." Carl said confidently.

"Really?" I said, setting the bag down and walking over to Carl, resting my arms around his shoulders, "Well, I have a deal for you. Whoever wraps the neatest, gets to have the other person do whatever they want for them for the rest of the night." I declared.

"Deal-." Carl started to get the bag and open it.

"Ah ah ah- Your gifts are going in the closet first." I said zipping the bag back up.

I put his gifts away and we started wrapping gifts. Carl forgot how to wrap gifts for a second, then remembered. Obviously, I won in who made the gifts the most neat. So, the bet was on.

"Alright, you win." Carl gave in. "What do you want."

"I want..." I started walking over and pressing my lips against his, then pulling away slowly, "You." I whispered.

"Thats an easy wish. You sure." Carl said, grabbing my waist and pressing his soft lips all over my neck, leaving marks and knowing where my sweet spot is.

"I'm sure. Now," I said, pecking his lips quickly. "I need to wrap your gifts. Out." I said, giggling.

-

I finished wrapping all the gifts, and put them under the tree. The house was fully decorated inside and out all because of me.. and a little bit of Carl. I loved the Christmas season. It was late, I decided to shower and head up to my room. It was the night before my favorite holiday, I needed my sleep.

I walked into my room, patting a towel on my hair to dry it down. I see Carl on the bed, reading a comic book like always, with a wrapped box with a cute little bow on it, on his bedside table.

"Whats that?" I say, dropping the towel on the floor and climbing over Carl, reaching for the box.

"Noooo. Don't open that. It's not tomorrow yet." Carl begged.

"It's about 11:30. It's almost tomorrow." I laughed out.

"Fine. Merry early Christmas." Carl giggled and tossed me the box.

I unwrapped the box to reveal a box of condoms. I see what he was doing.

"Wow, I love them." I said laughing hard.

Carl got up while I was unwrapping the box and got behind me. After I said "Wow, I love them." He turned me around and pulled me into to those addictive lips of his.

The night ended how you'd expect it.

-

The day had come. Christmas morning. I woke up half dressed next to Carl who was in just his boxers. "Carllllllll" I woke him up.

"Its Christmassssssss."  I said.

"Alright, I'm up." Carl gave in.

We all ran downstairs and started unwrapping gifts. Carl fell in love with all the things I got him- they all reminded him of what it was like before the world ended.

Christmas with the Grimes reminded me of how Christmas was with my own family.. Amazing.