Cabin.

This specific story was inspired by @ urnotcarlgrimes !! Just, no smut is within it :))
----------------------------------------------
Carl and you were best friends!! It had been a lovely day. You and Carl were on a run, scavenging for anything you could find. Out of no where, a thunder storm hits! Pouring rain crashing down, wind so hard, Carl had to hold his hat instead of wear it.

Carl remembered what part of the woods you two had been in and led you to a cabin he had seen before but didn't touch.

He grabs your hand and leads you to it so you can stay dry... well, not completely dry with all the rain! "This way!" He says as he leads you.

You get into the cabin. Guns close, but together even closer. You have had a crush on Carl since the prison but knew he probably doesn't feel the same. It was the perfect time to tell him!

"Carl..." You stutter.

"Yeah?" He asked as a reply.

"I---..." You stop for a second, "We should look around instead of just stand here." You laugh out.

"Yeah! Sorry. Got distracted." He chuckles.

After a while of exploring the two story cabin, it was safe. There was food in the cupboards! Looked like it hadn't been touched, with the 1 inch dust built up on the cans.

Carl walked by and his hand briefly touched yours. You felt your face get super hot. "Damn," you thought, "how smooth." You should've grabbed his hand. But you didn't.

"Y/n, come look at this." Carl says laying down a map on the island counter. A map that had areas that were gone, overran, and already raided on it!

"This is perfect!" You said, "But Carl, what if it is fake."

"What do you mean?" He turned his head.

"Well, these ones are marked as overrun and gone right? What if they are the places they haven't searched and they're just covering it up." You smirk, thinking you're a genius.

"Sounds like a plan." Carl said, "Pack up. The rain is starting to stop." As Carl walked off, you grabbed his hand. Intertwined it with yours. His hand fit perfectly.

After him starring at his hand for a minute, he looked up at you. You let go and take your hands, place them on his cheeks, and kiss him. Right on the lips.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted, and waited to do that." You admit, letting out a small breathe.

Carl smiled. Didn't even say a word. Just smiled. And continued.
-
It had been 10 minutes, you were packing up anything you could. Carl rushed in the room with his bag, and grabbed your waist and covered your mouth.

You squirmed as he led you into the closet, shushing you and calming you. He looking through the slits of the closet door and saw a man in there. He yelled "CLAIMED."

"Shit, not again." Carl admits.

"What?" You ask.

"Before terminus, we had ran into a group. Called "the Claimers", they were all killed because of my dad but... I guess not!" He whispers.

"Carl... y-you know I..." you can barley speak. "You know I like you, right?" You finally admit.

"I know.." He says, "You kinda kissed me earlier." He chuckles out a little with a whisper. "I never said stop." He admits.

You looked up as shocked as ever. "You like me too?" You ask confused.

"Of course I do!!" Carl said.

You starting making out with Carl in the closet. Claimers left after a few hours taking the one cupboard of food while you two took the rest.

During those few hours, you and Carl and had lost track of time. You guys made out, made jokes, laughed a little. You felt safe. You felt loved. Carl did too.