Prologue

A man stood in an alley, panting, as he silently cursed himself and the figure that had constantly been evading capture. On the other hand, the figure that the man had been chasing merely chuckled as she stood across from him with no sign of exhaustion. The girl was covered by her hooded jacket and her black gas mask. The only thing one would see of her was wisps of silvery white hair coming out of her hood. This young woman was known as Shirokage, a widely known vigilante in Japan. The man was none other than Naomasa Tsukauchi, a member of the police force. He and many others had taken part in a plan to try and capture the vigilante known as Shirokage. Emphasis on the try. Unfortunately, she had been outmaneuvering them every step of the way.

"Sorry Detective, but I'm afraid you'll have to do better than this if you wish to catch me." Shirokage's voice was soft and amused as she teased the already frustrated detective. "Although, I am amazed that you've been able to keep up this long. Your police buddies got lost ages ago."

"I've never understood vigilantes, but you have to be the most confusing of them all." Naomasa spoke up as he finally caught his breath.

"That's the entire point." You could almost hear the smirk from Shirokage's voice. "Confusion is a vigilantes best accessory."

"Yes, but I don't understand why you would choose to be a vigilante over a hero." Naomasa frowned. "It's not as though you'd be doing anything different."

"I have my reasons." She didn't sound amused at this point.

They both stood still as they observed each other. Well, Naomasa was trying to figure out how to capture the girl without much trouble while Shirokage was just waiting for something interesting to happen. She was starting to become rather bored.

"Well, if you don't plan on making anymore attempts at capturing me, I think I'll just go home now." She sighed as she began to walk away.

Naomasa frowned but knew that he wouldn't be able to do much. He was only one person, and he wouldn't be able to do much against the number one vigilante who could take down villians as easy as eating breakfast. It would be a wasted effort, and he knew it.

"We will catch you one day!" He called out as the vigilante neared the end of the alleyway, stopping in her tracks for a mere moment.

"I look forward to that day." And thus she walked away, disappearing into the night.

"I really do..."

*******
430 words excluding A/N's

Sorry it's so short, but it's only the prologue. I'm sure the actual chapters will be much longer.