Chapter 44

"How brave..." Koharu mocked as we reappeared in an empty clearing in the forest. Hopefully, we were far enough away that nobody else would get involved. "Though, I have to admit, I didn't expect you to be able to move so fast. Especially with you being quirkless."

"It almost made me think that you actually have a quirk!" Kei exclaimed sarcastically as I jumped back to put some distance between us once again.

"Well," I gave a small smirk before my hair turned completely black. Hopefully, I was making the right choice by doing this..."You wouldn't be entirely wrong in your thoughts for once... Of course, my quirk has nothing to do with my speed. How else do you think I blew up the you know what?"

I referred to a factory that I had been kept in during the time I was missing as a child. Unfortunately, I couldn't exactly mention it out loud. I could only use small loopholes.

You could see the clear surprise that was shown on the couple's face as they watched black fire begin to surround the clearing we stood in. And, what surprised them more...

Was that I was the one controlling it.

My fire, that I had been keeping hidden for eight years, rose up in a wall that kept us enclosed in the clearing. Unfortunately, I couldn't take the chance of anybody else stumbling upon us whether they be foe or ally. However, I also couldn't afford to underestimate Kei or Koharu. They're bastards, but they're smart bastards. That's why I was using my quirk in the first place no matter how much I hate using it.

"Why am I not surprised..." Uh, you're facial expressions sort of, kind of say the opposite... "So, you had a quirk this entire time..."

"Depends on what you mean by 'this entire time.'" I grit my teeth as I used my fire to block an incoming knife that Kei had thrown. My black fire was powerful, but it was still difficult to control. Though, I suppose it helps that it feeds off of negative emotions. There's a lot of that going around tonight. "I was quirkless when we first met, but that changed when Itsuki died."

"Oh~" Koharu allowed a white mist to surround her making me quickly pull out a gas mask and put it on. Don't ask where it came from. I carry a gas mask everywhere thanks to these two. "You should be thanking us then. It must have been a shame to have always been bullied for being quirkless as a child."

"Thanking you?" I glared as I exchanged a few blows with the two. As much as I hate to admit it, the two of them were strong. Especially together. "I would rather be with family than have a quirk. I'm an entirely different kind of strong without it anyways."

Don't get me wrong, I love my quirk. I just don't like using it. It's all sorts of complicated...

"Is that so?" Kei swept his knife at me. Ok, where the hell is he getting all of these knives? Don't tell me he has magical weapons or apparel like how Aizawa-sensei has his magical scarf... And furthermore, why can I never find such magical apparel?! Wait... Ignore that last bit...

"I suppose that means you're still mad about mommy dearest?" Koharu teased before my fire spread to her hand causing her to yelp in pain.

Good.

I guess this just means my fire hates you just as much as I do...

I only glared harder at her comment though, and I accidentally used too much force in one of my punches sending Kei flying into Koharu.

"I would suggest against you mentioning her..." My hair shadowed my now red eyes as I released a killer intent that had the two on the ground frozen in shock. "You should be thankful that I'm against killing. If I wasn't, you two would already be dead."

But nooooo, I'm a nice person... Well... I try, to say the least.

"So, how are you planning on finishing this fight?" Kei sneered as the two tried to shake off their shock.

"We don't plan on getting ourselves arrested." Yes, yes, I understand. You guys are the 'frontal assault or death by frontal assault' type of people when it comes to actual combat.

"Aw, that's just too bad," I mocked as I allowed them time to get up. Just because I don't like them doesn't mean I'll attack somebody on the ground. "Because I have a nice long rope here that's perfect for restraining the two of you until the police arrive. Besides, while I said I won't kill you, I have nothing against making you unconscious... And from what I hear, snakes can survive being cut in half for quite a while, so they're resilient enough. Birds though, I'm not so sure..."

My words were obvious plays off of their hero names, and it clearly annoyed them... Good. That was kind of the point.

"I always have hated your puns..." Kei muttered, resorting to his knife once more as neither his nor Koharu's quirk would work on me so long as I kept on my gas mask. Clearly, he understood this as he kept aiming for my face. "They're almost as bad as that damn vigilante's."

"Oooh~" I looked at him innocently as I used my arm to knock away his own. I almost laughed as I noticed Koharu still trying to put out my fire. It's safe to say that wasn't working out to well for her. I suppose it's lucky for her that my fire is at minimal heat at the moment. If it wasn't, her hand would be ash by now. "Is that so? I never knew..."

Of course I knew that he hated puns. That was pretty much the entire point of using them.

"Sure you didn't..." He muttered bitterly. So it seems he's not deaf to my sarcasm after all. "I honestly wish we could kill you."

"Ah, but you don't have a death wish, do you?" I lit Kei's hair on fire as I taunted him. I was kind of hoping he would have the same reaction to being on fire as Koharu. Seriously though, she was running around like a headless chicken. "And unfortunately for you, neither do I."

I knew they were planning on capturing me. That's why they were holding back. They weren't trying to kill me, but I wasn't trying to kill them either. So we were all holding back! Yay....

It's a lot harder than it sounds.

To be honest, the flames I placed on them wouldn't hurt them at all. I just found it amusing to watch them run around as thought it would. Clearly, they didn't bother to check their lack of damage or pain. Luckily for me though, it gave me an opening, and I was easily able to appear next to them and sucker punch them in the gut. The punch was soft enough not to kill them but hard enough that it caused them both to spit out blood, and they fell unconscious.

"Who would have guessed that I'd be able to catch you guys like this?" I muttered under my breath as I pulled rope out of my hoodie. By the time they woke up again, they were both tied up and gagged.

And me?

Aizawa-sensei found me about an hour later sitting criss cross applesauce in front of the glaring couple.

My wall had disappeared, but my hair was still black.

And my eyes were still red.

***

1274 words excluding A/N's

Gah! I kept on accidentally publishing this chapter! I'm so sorry guys for the false alarms earlier. I was originally going to post this tomorrow, but, as apologies for my accidents, I'll post it now. It wasn't finished earlier. That's why I unpublished it. You have no idea how much I panicked...

Anyways, I'm really sorry about the earlier false alarms!

Finished- 9:50 pm on December 25, 2018

Bye~