Chapter 26

"It's finally the last battle of the UA High School Sports Festival! The top of the first years will be decided with this one match! The final, so to speak! From the Hero Course, Todoroki Shouto! Versus--Also from the Hero Course, Bakugo Katsuki! Now-- Start!" Todoroki immediately sent a large amount of ice Bakugo's way, but Bakugo just sent constant streams of explosion to block it. "Todoroki gets a blow in right away! Is he trying to avoid close combat with Bakugo? Has the winner been decided already?! What do you think, Eraser Head...? Eh? Eraser Head? Where'd you go...?"

He had left...

"He avoids going out of bounds with a wall of ice!" Present Mic let go of the topic of Eraser Head's whereabouts when Bakugo made his move against Todoroki. "Looks like fun!"

"Bastard..." Bakugo growled as explosions came out of his hands. "I'll show you what'll happen if you make a fool of me! I'll kill you! I want an indisputable first place! I can't get that even if I beat scum that underestimates me! There's no point if I can't get higher up than Deku! If you have no intention of winning, then don't stand in front of me! I would've rather fought Masami! At least she's not so much of a coward to purposely lose! Why are you standing here, damn it?!"

"Todoroki!" Midoriya yelled out from the stands as he noticed the boy hesitating. "Don't lose! Do your best!"

"That damn nerd!" Bakugo grinned as he continued with his running. He looked pleased, or as pleased as Bakugo could get, when Todoroki's flames finally came out. "Howitzer... Impact!"

"He added momentum and rotation to the huge blast he showed us in his fight with Uraraka! He was like a human projectile! It looks like Todoroki didn't fire off the huge blast he used in his match with Midoriya, but the winner is--"

"Hey..." Bakugo ran over to Todoroki who was now laying out of bounds on his ice. "Stop screwing around! Didn't I tell you that there was no point, damn it?! To get first place like this! Like this?! Like..."

He couldn't finish his sentence as Midnight used her Quirk to put him asleep.

"Todoroki is out of bounds!" She announced. "Which means, Bakugo wins!"

"And now, all of the events have been completed! The winner of this year's first year UA Sports Festival is... From Class A, Bakugo Katsuki! Now, we'll take a short break before we hold the award ceremony!"

****

As the match between Bakugo and Todoroki started, Aizawa was walking the hallways in an attempt to find Masami. He had noticed her paling form and hesitation on the stage before she left in a dazed way. What's more, she had yet to return to the audience stands either.

"That girl better not be sulking just because of a measly loss..." He muttered, but he honestly didn't expect her to be doing such a thing. It just didn't fit her attitude. That's why he was looking for her in the first place.

He was about to give up when he had walked through almost the entire stadium. He had to ignore all of the rumbling that was coming from the fight, but he decided to continue into one of the less used hallways. He didn't expect her to be here of all places, but it was one of the last places left to look.

He had to stop, however, when he finally found her.

"Oi, Hideyoshi..." The girl was slumped against the wall with her eyes wide open, and yet, she didn't even twitch when Aizawa had called out her name. "What the hell happened your eyes...?"

Her eyes were glazed over and had somehow become the light color of yellow.

"Oi..." He decided to shake her shoulder when she didn't respond. However, that ended up not being the best idea when her eyes ended up widening at the sudden contact, and she let out a scream as her hands went up to her head as though she were in pain. Aizawa's eyes widened even more than they already were when she fell entirely to the floor, and it appeared as though she was having a seizure as she thrashed around screaming while gripping her head. "Damn it... What the hell happened?!"