Chapter 31

So...

I finally figured out how to work my new phone...

Luckily, many of my friends had already given me their numbers since they thought I had a phone, so I was able to put them in my contacts and text them my number. I now had eight contacts all together. I'm still not sure whether that's a good thing or not...

"Before you go and become obsessed with your phone like every other teenager, we have some errands to run," Aizawa-sensei glanced at me as we were walking. He had watched me trying to set up the new phone and even had to help me with it a few times. I don't think he knew how to react at seeing me get so frustrated at such a supposedly simple thing...

"S-some errands?" I tilted my head in confusion. I didn't realize we were going anywhere else today. Are we out of milk or something?

"I need to go and meet with someone in Shirakumo," My eyes lit up at the familiar name. "And since there's nobody else to watch you, you're coming with."

Oh... He sounded irritated...

Then again, Aizawa-sensei always sounds irritated, so I suppose that this is nothing new.

"S-Shirakumo?!" If I haven't previously stated this, Shirakumo is the same place where the factory I used to live in is. It's actually quite a nice place despite popular belief. And, what's more, there's supposed to be a festival going on today. I didn't think that I would be able to go to it, but I guess I would!

"Ah, that's right, you used to live there, didn't you?" Aizawa-sensei didn't look surprised at my excitement.

"Mhm," I gave an eager nod. I haven't been back to Shirakumo since I started staying with Aizawa-sensei.

"Do you know anything of a woman known as Akagi Aiko?" Akagi? Is that who we're going to meet? Why would Aizawa-sensei need to meet with her of all people?

"A-ah, I suppose you could say that," I had to sweat drop. I wasn't sure whether or not admitting to knowing her was a good idea. Akagi was... Special to say the least... And well known to almost everyone who lived in Shirakumo... "She's q-quite famous to those in the area. T-though, not many know how to find h-her."

"So, you don't actually know where she lives?" He raised a brow at me.

"W-well, I wouldn't exactly s-say that..." I looked away with a nervous laugh as I lightly scratched my cheek. "Akagi-san is a-actually a good friend of mine, s-so I'm probably one of the very few that actually knows her location. I-I'm actually kind of surprised that you k-know about her."

"I don't," Eh? Come again? "She agreed to give the heroes all the information she had on villains if we were able to find her. The only clues she gave us were that she lives in Shirakumo and that we could come only if the unofficial leader of Shirakumo gave permission."

Of course she would make a deal like that... She probably thought it would be an impossible task.

Joke's on her though.

"S-So, you're looking for the unofficial leader t-then?" I asked with a sweat drop.

"Something like that," Aizawa-sensei paused in his steps as he turned to look at me. "Unless you happen to know anything about this unofficial leader."

"W-well... About t-that..." I rubbed the back of my head with a nervous laugh. I suppose it would be better to tell him now than have him find out through someone else.... "I may, or m-may not be the u-unofficial leader."

He could only stare at me blankly after my declaration.

That staring lasted a few seconds before he finally decided to just sigh. "Somehow, I'm not even surprised..."