Chapter 39

The next morning seemed to come by in no time at all. Granted, we had to wake up at the break of dawn, so nearly everybody was half asleep. Especially the girls. Well, except for me. I was wide awake as not getting sleep wasn't anything new to me.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen!" Surprisingly enough, Aizawa-sensei seemed fairly awake. He was probably looking forward to our suffering... "Today, we will begin training camp to increase your strength in earnest. The goal of this training camp is to increase everyone's strength, and with that, for everyone to obtain their provisional licenses. It is to prepare you all to face hostilities that are becoming more real by the minute. Proceed carefully. So Bakugo," Aizawa-sensei threw a ball at the said boy with him easily catching it. "Try throwing that."

"This is from the fitness test..." Katsuki muttered causing me to look at him in confusion. I'm missing something, aren't I...?

"Your previous record, from right after you started school, was 705.2 meters." Of course it was... "Let's see how much you've improved."

"Oh, we're checking our progress?!" Ashido was beginning to get excited.

"Since a lot has happened these past three months, huh?" Even Sero was leaning forward. "Maybe he can throw it a kilometer or something now!"

"Do it, Bakugo!"

They're getting really excited about this, aren't they?

"Then..." Bakugo grinned. "Here I go... Go to hell!"

'Go to hell.' Both Izuku and I stared with blank looks at the boy.

"709.6 meters," Aizawa-sensei just crushed some dreams.

"Huh? It's less than I thought..."

I was almost tempted to laugh at Katsuki's surprised face.

"It's been about three months since you started high school." Our teacher told us. "Through various experiences, you all have definitely improved. But that improvement has mainly been at the mental and technical levels with some increase in stamina. As you can see, your quirks themselves have not improved that much. That's why we will work on improving your quirks starting today." I sweat dropped at the grin that showed up on his face. "It'll be so hard, you'll feel like dying, but try not to actually die..."

I knew it..

He enjoys our suffering!

And wait, if we're supposed to be improving our quirks, what is he wanting me to do?

****

Turns out, I was just sparring against him. It was actually pretty fun. Training has always been something I've enjoyed, so this was no problem for me. Usually, the only one I was able to spar with was Fujiyama, and even then, I couldn't spar with him very long. Honestly, I think Aizawa-sensei was a little bit surprised at how well I kept up with him. I could tell his students were.

Unfortunately, we had to stop as Class B finally arrived.

"... Those of you who are operative types will have to raise your maximum limits. Heteromorphic types and other composite types need to train the parts of their body related to their quirks. Normally, this would occur as your bodies grow..."

"But we don't have that time." Aizawa-sensei finished for Vlad King, who happened to be Class B's homeroom teacher. "Class B, you guys hurry up, too."

"But once  we join, there will be forty in all." I heard the girl, Kendo, speak up. "Can just eight people manage the quirks of that many people?"

"That's why they're here." Aizawa-sensei and I walked over to the group. Well, I was just following him since I didn't know what else to do.

"That's right! The four of us are one!" Ragdoll appeared out of nowhere with the rest of the Pussycats. I gained sparkles in my eyes once more as they did their routine.

Their cat costumes are so cool!

They started explaining their quirks, but I already knew about them.

"All you power types, come to me!" Tora, the only male of the group shouted out. "Tiger's Boot camp has already begun!"

"U.A.'s busy, so it's hard to spare staff for just the first years of the Hero Course." Vlad King explained. "Based on their track record and wide range of quirks, these four are the most logical choice to train your quirks in a short amount of time. Don't fall behind Class A! Let's go, Class B!"

"Yes, sir!"

I thought we were going back to training but one more question was asked.

"What are Cobra and Silent Raven here for then?"

Yeah, what are those bastards here for?

"They're here to make sure the camp stays secure from any possible attacks."

Eh?

Aizawa-sensei is kidding, right?

I almost let out a snort at the idea.

"Fat lot of good that'll do..." I muttered under my breath. Unfortunately, Aizawa-sensei still heard me and sent me a curious look.

I should really stop saying stuff out loud...

****

811 words excluding A/N's

Finished- 11:29 pm on December 15, 2018

Bye~