Chapter 51

"As you can see here, we have multitudes of people crowded around in front of the hospital that the vigilante known as Shirokage has been brought to," A news reporter stated to the camera. "It appears that almost all of them are here to protest the arrest of the vigilante after she miraculously restored the entire Camino Ward. So far, we've heard no response from the police or the heroes as to what Shirokage's fate will be."

Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi turned the TV in the room off with a sigh as he and four others looked through the one way mirror that held Shirokage's, now known to be Masami, room on the other side.

"The doctors say that she'll live," Those with the detective gave a sigh in relief at his words. "But there may be some lasting side effects. There's no way to tell until she wakes up."

The others in the room consisted of Principal Nezu, Yagi Toshinori, Kayama Nemuri, and Aizawa Shota. Nezu, Yagi, and Kayama had obviously been called as they've known the girl for a long time. Meanwhile, Aizawa was there for the obvious reason of having been her guardian the past couple months.

Masami, unfortunately enough, had yet to wake up. She had gone through multiple surgeries and was currently recovering. Every once in a while, she would let out a small cough, but that was it. She barely moved, and her light breathing was the only way that you could tell she was alive when she wasn't coughing.

"Do the doctors know when she's likely to wake up?" Kayama, otherwise known as Midnight, questioned with a worried look. She hated seeing the girl in the hospital. She hated seeing the said girl in handcuffs even more.

Yes, Masami had been handcuffed to her bed. While she was still a kid, that everyone knew to be the sweetest little thing, she was still Shirokage. A criminal.

"They say she should be up any time now," Naomasa responded quietly. None of them had taken their eyes off the room and the girl. They felt like she would disappear if they did.

"Speaking of which," Nezu chirped as they all noticed the girl twitch as her face scrunched up in a bit of pain. "It looks like she's trying to wake herself up now!"

All of them watched carefully as she finally opened her eyes to reveal their icy blue color.

On Masami's end, she was in a significant amount of pain. Her stomach and arm ached as she tried to move. She felt as though she had been out for months and was absolutely exhausted.

"What..." She stared hazily at a handcuff that was placed around her wrist as well as the bed. "What's g-going on...?"

"You've been asleep for almost a week." Masami jumped a little as Detective Naomasa walked in with the four heroes behind him. "How are you feeling?"

"O-oh, um, a bit s-stiff I suppose." She had looked away nervously at the looks she was receiving. The events of the previous chapter had come back to her almost as soon as she laid eyes on the detective. Now, she couldn't look any of them in the eyes. She felt both ashamed and worried. It didn't help that she had only spoken to Naomasa as Shirokage, so it was a bit awkward. "B-but I feel f-fine otherwise."

"That's good," Masami was a bit relieved when she saw his calm smile. At least it seemed as though she wouldn't be getting herself killed by them quite yet. "Do you remember what happened?"

They could all tell that she was a bit disoriented. It was normal, they supposed, considering she was on the brink of death when first arriving at the hospital.

"M-mhm," She nodded with even more nervousness than before. "I-I'm sorry..."

"Sorry for helping to save an entire city?" Naomasa raised an eyebrow good naturedly as the small girl fidgeted. Honestly, he wasn't really sure how to act. From what it looked like, Hideyoshi Masami and Shirokage acted like completely different people. As someone who spoke quite often with the spunky vigilante, he was surprised to see her acting so timid.