Chapter 3

I sat one of tables of the empty café I worked at as I stared at the letter in my hand.

After about two weeks of waiting, I finally received my letter and found out that I was accepted into Hogwarts- I mean U.A. Whoops.

"Soooo?" My employer, Kiyoko, looked at me in anticipation after I had finished reading my letter to which I responded with a simple smile. She squealed add she took my hands and started to jump up and down. "Congratulations! I knew you could do it! Which is why..." She let go of my hands and went behind the counter. "I made you a cake!"

From behind the counter she brought out a fairly large cake decorated with white and blue icing as well as the words 'Congrats Masami!' written on it in frosting.

"Kiyoko-san!" I looked at the cake in surprise. "You really didn't have to do that!"

"Of course, I did!" Kiyoko said indignantly. "My baby's all growing up!"

She started to sniffle as she brought me into a hug after setting the cake down. I only sweat dropped at her proclamation. She always was one for dramatics.

I should probably explain. Kiyoko was my boss as well as the one who has watched over me since my mother died. She knew almost everything about me as she's known me since birth, and she happens to be one of my most precious people that I hold dear.

****

Hinamori Kiyoko(Last then First) or Kiyoko Hinamori: An owner of a small music café who happens to be a family friend of Masami. Her quirk, resonance, allows her to feel the emotions of others as well as emit emotions in order to effect the emotions of others.

 Her quirk, resonance, allows her to feel the emotions of others as well as emit emotions in order to effect the emotions of others

****

If it wasn't for her, I'd literally be downright broke and probably dead. I owe her my life, and I don't plan on messing up my life anytime soon.

"Thank you," I gave her a small smile into her shoulder as I hugged her back. "I mean it."

Kiyoko pulled back as she gave a large smile.

"You're a sweet girl," She patted my head. "You really are. You don't deserve any of the terrible things you've had to endure. Though..." At this point she gained fire in her eyes as she raised a fist into the air. "Maybe if your father would actually show up, you'd be living better and wouldn't have to put up with a load of crap!!!"

Oh dear, she's at it again.

I sweat dropped as she started raging about my father and his virtual nonexistent place in my life.

"U-um, Kiyoko-san," I tried to gain her attention tentatively. " I-it's really not his fault considering he doesn't exactly know about my existence."

"Hmph," Kiyoko gave me an accusatory stare. "Well maybe if you'd actually tell me who your father was, he would know of your existence!"

"And that's precisely why I haven't told you!" I gave her a teasing smile as began to cut the cake. "It's not my place to go interrupting the life of another."

"Um," Kiyoko gave me an unimpressed look as she stole the knife away from me and began to cut the cake instead. "Yeah, it kind of is your place. He helped bring you into this world. He needs to help you through this world!"

I only sighed and shook my head at the woman as she handed me a slice of cake along with a fork.

"I appreciate your concern," I continued as she gave me a dubious look. "I really do, but I just can't tell you or tell him. I'm really sorry. I just can't."

"I figured you would say that," Kiyoko sighed as she leaned against the counter. "You always do. But at least promise me this; Don't go making your life harder and worse for the wear just so others can live easier."

"Kiyoko-san..." I looked at her with wide eyes as she gave me a pleading stare. "...I promise..."

She never noticed the crossed fingers behind my back.

****

681 words excluding A/N's

I know these chapters are short, but it helps me get more chapters out in a shorter period of time, so yeah...

Finished: 9:37 PM on May 19, 2018

Bye ~