Chapter 47

I woke up rather hazily, and my body felt a bit numb as I tried to sit up in the bed I was placed in. I immediately understood that I was in the hospital with a single glance. Considering how I haven’t used my quirk like that in ages, I had probably passed out from exhaustion. Luckily though, I seemed to be fairly uninjured, and lack of movement was probably the cause for my numbness.

    It was so nice and quiet that I couldn’t help but flinch at the sound of familiar voices yelling from next door.

    “It is as All Might said!” I heard the voice of Iida as I got out of my bed slowly and made my way to the room next door. I didn’t enter, choosing to listen about the situation at hand instead. “This is something we should leave to the pros! This isn’t the place for us to act, you idiots!”

    Ah.

    I think that this is the first time I’ve ever seen, well, heard, Iida so angry…

    “We know that!” Kirishima yelled back with different emotions seeping through his voice. “But, I couldn’t do anything! After I heard that my friend was being targeted!” Friend being targeted? Was somebody taken? “I couldn’t do anything! I didn’t do anything! If I don’t do anything now, I won’t be hero or a man anymore!”

    “Kirishima, we’re in a hospital.” Kaminari tried to hush his friend. “Calm down. It’s fine to feel strongly about things, but this time--”

    “Iida is correct.” Asui agreed. It was kind of saddening to hear them arguing like this. It almost reminds me of Captain America: Civil War…

    “Iida, all of you, you’re all correct.” You could hear the trembling in Kirishima’s voice. “I know that. But! Hey, Midoriya, your hand can still reach!” Um… I can only see a little through the crack in the door, but from what I can tell… Midoriya’s hands aren’t exactly in the best shape right now… “We can go save him!”

    So, another one of the students really did go missing. I did a headcount of the room, and my eyes widened as I only noticed one male missing from the group.

    Katsuki…

    “So, in short, you’re planning on getting the receiver from Yao-momo, following it, and going to save Bakugo yourselves?” Ashido connected.

    “Yeah.” Kirishima confirmed.

    “Even though the villains said we were targets to be killed, they took Bakugo without killing him, and they were planning to do the same with Masami.” Shouto began explaining. And wait… How did they know about that? How much did I miss? “They probably let him live, but that doesn’t mean they won’t kill him eventually. Kirishima and I are going.”

    “Don’t go overboard with your messing around!” Iida yelled once more. I suppose I could understand why he was so against it...

    “Wait. Calm down.” Shoji stepped in between them. “I understand Kirishima’s frustration at not being able to do anything and Todoroki’s frustration at having him stolen in front of his very eyes. I’m frustrated too. But, this isn’t a situation where we should act on our emotions. Right?”

    Okay… I feel really left out on what happened now. I mean, I think I got the main gist of it, but still…

    “L-let’s leave this to All Might…” Aoyama suggested nervously. “Aizawa-sensei’s permission to fight at the training camp has been rescinded, too.”

    … I forgot to wait for permission to fight…

    “Aoyama’s right.” This time, it was Tokoyami trying to convince them. “I can’t say much since I was the one who needed saving, though…”