Chapter 48

“You’re awake.” I had one more visitor that day.

    “O-oh, um, yes, s-sir,” I stuttered out at the sight of Aizawa-sensei.

    I could feel a bead of sweat slide down my face as I stared nervously at the sight of him sighing. “I would say that you have a lot of explaining to do, but the Hirohito’s already made it clear that you wouldn’t be able to say anything anyways…”

    “S-sorry about that…” I looked down in shame about not being able to provide the heroes with any information.

    “Don’t worry about it…” He sighed once more as he took a seat in one of the visitor’s chairs. “Though, I will ask about your quirk.”

    “O-oh…” I figured that would be brought up. “I-I’m sorry for not telling y-you! I j-just… I’m not very comfortable w-with using it yet. I-I did make sure t-to tell Principal N-Nezu though before I applied for U.A.. H-he agreed to keep i-it a secret s-so long as I made sure to t-try and learn how to control it. O-of course, there a-are other reasons as t-to why I hid it, but t-those are the reasons I can’t s-say…”

    I probably would have continued rambling if not for Aizawa-sensei holding up a hand to stop me.

    “No need to ramble,” He sighed again. I’m starting to think that I’m a very exasperating person… “I’m just curious about what it is.”

    “Oh.” Well, I suppose that makes sense. “It’s f-fire with a few minor d-differences.” I turned my hair black again and twirled it around. “My hair, obviously, changes color w-when I use it, b-but there are times when my eyes w-will turn red as well. Though, m-my eyes only change color when I-I’m angry, so t-that’s not very often… Even so, I l-lose a lot of control over myself during t-those rare moments.”

    “That’s why you told me to stay away.” He understood that much. “But why is your hair black even though you’re not using your fire?”

    “I-I have to change my hair b-before I can actually use my fire,” I explained a bit vaguely. “However, I-I can normally control my fire including its t-temperature, solidity, and the way it m-moves. Of course, t-there are quite a few drawbacks, b-but those are a bit complicated to explain. Though, my lack o-of total control whilst angered would be one of the simple e-examples…”

    Aizawa-sensei grew silent for a few moments, and I was beginning to worry that I had said something wrong. But, I think that he was just taking everything in.

    “...You look a lot different with black hair.” Was the first thing that came out of his mouth causing me to sweat drop.

    Really? That’s what he comments on…?

    “I-I suppose so…” I twirled my hair quietly as he stood up.

    “I have to go,” Okay! What did I say now?! I feel like this was a rather one-sided conversation…. And I suck at conversing! “Unfortunately, I have to get ready for work.”

    Work, huh…?

    .

    .

    .

    Oh shizzlepops! What am I going to tell Kiyoko-san?!

    Then again… If things go the way I think they will tonight… I may not ever see Kiyoko-san again...

*****

576 words excluding A/N's

A bit short! Sorry about that!

Finished- 8:00 pm on December 26, 2018

Bye~