Chapter 7

The next few days went by as usual minus the occasional explosions caused by the Hero Course that only myself and Yamada-sensei could hear. I have a strange feeling that Katsuki was one of the main reasons for the explosions...

Today was a bit different in the way that the media had finally gained wind about All Might being a teacher at U.A. They were literally crowded at the entrance to the school, and I had to squeeze my way past them as they bombarded me with questions.

I sweat dropped nervously as they yelled.

"Will you tell us what the Symbol of Peace is like as a teacher?" A women shoved a microphone in my face.

"U-um, I m-mean..." I looked around nervously before I noticed a scruffy, black haired man. "A-ah! A-Aizawa-sensei!"

I darted towards him and may or may not have hid behind him as he stared at the news reporters.

"Wow, you're scruffy..." The news reporter seemed nervous as she held a microphone towards him. "What's your deal?"

"He's not on duty today..." Aizawa-sensei drawled before making a shooing motion with one hand. "You are disturbing the classes. Please leave. And if you continue harassing students, then I'd suggest you worry more about people filing charges against you than All Might."

He turned away and began walking towards the school with me close behind him.

"I would like to speak directly with All Might!" The female yelled from behind us.

"I feel like I've seen him before..." A male reporter spoke.

"Don't you think your too scruffy?" Isn't that kind of rude? "Hey! Just a little time is fine! Just let me see All Might-"

"-Ah, idiot!"

I jumped and looked behind me as I heard an alarm go off with a wall raising in order to block the news reporters from coming in. So that's the U.A. barrier that keeps anyone without a student ID or a pass to enter...

"...U-um," I looked towards the man who helped me out, but he only gave me a sideways glance. "T-thank you, f-for helping m-me."

"You should learn to defend yourself," He drawled out without looking at me. "You're a stuttering mess."

And with that lovely note, we went our separate ways.

He was right though. My stuttering was a problem that I needed to fix. I couldn't be relying on others all the time.

****

Over the past few days I had become better friends with Michiko, and we often sat together at lunch. However, today, Michiko had to stay behind for tutoring. Yes, it was the beginning of the year, and she already had tutoring. That was mainly due to her not turning in her homework though.

So now, here I was, in the cafeteria, looking around nervously as I looked for a place to sit.

My eyes almost lit up as I took notice of Izuku and a couple of his friends. I jogged over to his table and immediately gained their attention.

"Masami-chan!" Izuku exclaimed in surprise.

"Izu-kun!" I greeted with a small smile as I tried to refrain from shying back from the curious stares I was receiving from his friends. "U-um, I was wondering, i-if maybe, I-I could s-sit with you guys today at l-lunch. I-I mean, I wouldn't b-bother y-you guys normally, b-but, um-"

"Sure!" I was cut off by one of Izuku's friends. She was a bit short with brown hair and a sincere grin on her face. I blinked in surprise at her get response. "The more the merrier!"