Chapter 20

"An attack without delay, huh..." Tokoyami muttered as multiple teams came after Team Midoriya with no delay. "The fate of the pursued... Make your choice, Midoriya!"

"Of course, our move... Is to run away!" The green haired boy declared with certainty.

"I won't let you!" Yelled Tetsutetsu of Class 1-B as his team went after the ten million with Honenuki Juzo using his Softening quirk to soften the ground around Team Midoriya's feet.

"What is this?!"

"We're sinking?!" Midoriya exclaimed. "Uraraka! Hatsume! Turn your faces away!"

The two turned away as Midoriya began to use the jetpack the pink haired girl had given him effectively launching the four into the air. As onslaughts of attacks came, Tokoyami was able to easily defend with Dark Shadow in the air until they finally landed. Elsewhere, some Class 1-B students were taking the headbands of unsuspecting teams.

"Now then, even though barely two minutes have passed since we've started, it's already turned into a free-for-all!" Present Mic yelled as time passed in the arena. "Fights over the headbands are breaking out all over! Ignoring the ten million points and going for second to fourth places isn't bad, either!"

As Present Mic ended his announcement, another team, consisting of Mineta, Shoji, and Asui, began their assault on the sought after team. At the same time, Team Tetsutetsu started running back towards them again as well.

During all of this ruckus, nobody even noticed the team consisting of members from various classes sneak their way around the field enacting a certain brown haired girl's strategy.

"Team Mineta makes use of the overwhelming difference in their sizes! They're like a tank!"

Team Midoriya finally managed to get away by using the hover boots, but the one stuck to Mineta's quirk ultimately broke. However, their moment of relief was quickly broken by Bakugo, who had, quite literally, shot himself into the air using his explosions.

"Kacchan!" Midoriya exclaimed in surprise.

"Don't get carried away!" Bakugo yelled as he reached for the ten million headband. "Damn it!"

"Tokoyami!"

Almost immediately, Dark Shadow went in to defend against Bakugo's explosions.

"He's gotten separated from his horses!" Present Mic referred to Bakugo. "Is that okay?!"

"It's a technicality, so it's okay!" Midnight announced. "It wouldn't have been if he'd touched the ground, though!"

Team Midoriya had a rough landing as they finally made it to the ground.

"Thanks, Uraraka-san!" Midoriya called out to his teammate as they landed.

"It's hard to control with just one foot." The girl replied in turn with a serious look on her face.

"Yeah, I know." They wouldn't be able to run to the air anymore.

"As expected, everyone's after the first place team, and Class A is in hot pursuit! Everyone's got skills!" Present Mic announced. "Now, let's take a look at each team's points... It's been seven minutes! Here are the current rankings up on the screen!"

A silenced hush went through the crowd as they stared in a confused manner at the screen showing the scores that had just appeared.

"What? Wait a minute!" Even Present Mic sounded confused. "Other than Midoriya, Class A isn't doing so well..."

The points were as listed:

(I'm just going to use the original scores because I don't know which teams stole from which nor do I feel like doing math.)

1. Team Midoriya: 10000325 points

2. Team Monoma: 1360 points

3. Team Tetsutetsu: 1125 points

4. Team Kendo: 685 points

5. Team Shinso: 675 points

6. Team Todoroki: 615 points

Everybody else was left with zero points.

"Bakugo? What?" Team Bakugo was one of the ones left with zero points after Monoma Neito decided to make the unintelligent decision of stealing his points.

"Oi, are you sure that your plan is still going to work?" A purple haired insomniac looked down at the brown haired girl who was on his team. "Explosion boy isn't going after the ten million anymore..."

"It'll be fine," The normally shy girl smirked as she watched her plan unfold perfectly. The idea of a competition was beginning to make her a little too competitive. "Everything's going as I expected. Besides... Sho-kun's already making his move..."

****

687 words excluding A/N's

It's short... And terrible... I apologize.

Todoroki: 2

Bakugo: 2

OC: 0

Finished- 5:11 pm on October 10, 2018

Bye~