Chapter 8

I hesitated slightly as I stood in front of the principal's door. What I was about to do was a huge risk, but I can't just sit back and do nothing.

And so, I knocked.

"Come in!" The response was almost immediate.

I hesitantly walked in as I tried to ignore all the stares I was gaining from the multiple teachers in the room. Apparently, I had interrupted a teachers meeting. Oh dear...

"O-oh, um," I looked at the principal, who I actually happened to know, and hesitated. "I-I can come b-back later..."

"You're fine Masami-chan" The principal assured me. "What do you need?"

"U-um, well," I looked at all the teachers, who happened to be looking at me, and I could tell my heart was beating quite fast. "Y-you see, it's about t-the breach i-in security today."

The teachers were all immediately alert.

"Ah," The principal responded. "It just so happens that we were actually discussing that very matter."

"A-ah, yes, w-well," I twiddled my fingers as I grew more and more nervous. "I-I think I m-may know who c-caused the hole in t-the b-barrier."

"What?!" Multiple teachers exclaimed while some just narrowed their eyes

"I see," The principal looked serious now. "And who do you think it is, and how do you know?"

"H-His name is S-Shigaraki Tomura," I stuttered out. "H-his quirk i-is known a-as decay, w-which allows h-him to c-cause any solid o-object or person t-to decay o-once h-he lays all five f-fingers on it. A-as for how I-I know him, well, I-I've s-sort of ran i-into him a f-few times on my way home. H-he likes t-to explain things a-and brag w-while he t-tries to kill me."

Complete and total silence...

Did I say something wrong?

"Masami-chan, you do realize what you just said, right?" I looked to my left and noticed that it was Midnight who spoke up.

"A-ah, Kayama-san!" I looked at her in surprise before answering her question. "D-did I s-say something w-wrong?"

"Dear child, a villain has been trying to kill you," Recovery Girl, who was also in the room, spoke up. "I think most of us are surprised that you haven't let anyone know. It's a surprise enough that you're alive."

"O-oh," I guess that made sense. "I-I guess I-I always g-got d-distracted before I c-could tell a-anyone."

"What could possibly distract you?" Yamada-sensei asked me.

"O-oh, w-well, I h-had homework that I-I needed to get done, a-as well as s-some chores... O-oh, and I-I've also been w-working on some projects for w-work." I explained as many of them sweat dropped.

I wonder why...

"You're more dense than I thought, aren't you?" Aizawa-sensei sighed from back left of the room as he looked at me.

That's... Kind of harsh...

"Now, now," The principal interrupted before anything else could be said. I guess he saw the hurt look on my face. He turned to me. "Do you have anymore knowledge on this Shigaraki Tomura?"

"A-ah, well, h-he doesn't work a-alone," I told him. "H-he'll sometimes have s-somebody with a warp q-quirk teleport him away. A-and he's mentioned s-something about bringing this s-society's idea of peace t-to an end. T-though, he's only recently b-brought that up, so I t-think he's planning something. T-today's incident only s-strengthened that idea..."