10 | A Troublesome Pair of Brothers

|©Reandayo - 20 January, 2018|

"You want to go to the Kingdom National Library? Why?"

I can't say that I want to find another volume of the book that told my previous life story and I also need a room for myself to progress this information in my head. So I have prepared well for this common question.

"Why, it's because Elena wants to read lots of book, father. Well, rumors told me that there are ancient books that were only available there. Elena has gotten a great interest on those."

And it's because brother Calvin has gone to school so I don't have a delivery boy anymore.

Why not brother Dylan and Fabian, you said?

Well, simple answer, brother Dylan asked and talk too much. Different with brother Calvin who stays silent and smiles at me while accepting my requests.

And Fabian is one year old below me, I can't just entrust this mission to him.

"Hmm.. very well, prepare the car." Father ordered his secretary while looking at me in approval.

Huh, that was easy.

Maybe because I have already been labeled as a bookworm by my family?

I always hang out with Fabian at the library to read him books and requested a lot of books from brother Calvin, maybe that's the reason.

"Elly, take me with you."

"No, take me. Fabian wants to go too."

I spoke too soon.

Father raised his left eyebrow, "Dylan and Fabian.. What have I told you? Knock first—"

"—before you walk in." They continue.

"But the door has already opened. I see no need to knock, Father." Fabian replied.

"I saw Bian walk inside, so me neither." Dylan smiled.

With his eyes on us, he massages his temple and sighed.

I'm sorry father, these pair of brothers are hard to control, I know.

"State your reason of why you want to go as well?"

"That's because I want to spend more time with Elly, Father."

"Denied."

Ahah, this simple-minded brother of mine... Please stop with that shocked expression. The reply is obviously expected.

I notice Fabian has grow brighter at father's rejection and he immediately state his reason,

"I want to protect Onee-sama from kidnappers and bandits!"

"Denied."

That was an expected answer too you know. Stop opening your mouth in your shocked state Fabian-chan, you look too cute.

But seriously, if you're 10 years older than me that reason may be valid. Too bad you're a year younger.

"That is the reason why father hired Graham, stupid." Brother Dylan look at him as if that is the most obvious thinh in the world, which it is.

"You called, young master Dylan?"

"FOR THE LOVE OF ELLY—GODDAMN GRAHAM YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!"

Did I just hear my name right before you cussed? No, I'm not angry, I just want to confirm it myself.

And Graham-san need to fix that appeared out of the blue habbit, brother Dylan seems to be furious at you for scaring him.

My heart is beating fast too? No, you're just imagining things.

"My deepest apology if I have scared young masters, young miss, and my lord." He bowed at us.

The previous young teenager bodyguard of mine has now grow up splendidly and is at the age of his early twenties. But yeah, his stiff face is still ruining the handsome face.

"Why did you suddenly appear like that?" Dylan asked, irritated.

"I heard my name has been called, so I have arrived."

Dylan smile's twitched as he mumbled, "Then unarrived yourself or something."

Father chuckles were heard between the current chaos.

"Dylan is right. Leave that job to Graham, he is the best at doing his job. Moreover, if you come too, worst case scenario you may also become a hostage yourself. If you can't even save yourself, how will you protect Elena?"

I nod at his words. Is my mind that readable? Because he just said what I've been thinking.

"I can also protect myself, you don't need to protect me." I added.

"But—"

"No buts, Fabian. Take care of mother and be a good baby brother of mine, okay?"

At my soft motherly voice he can't say no to me. That is one of Fabian's weakness, and I'm glad to have noticed it.

"Ah—my children have grown up. This old man have no regrets."

You spoiled the hell out of me and Fabian, no regrets my ass. Thank god I exist so that you will not face the nightmare the protagonist have prepared.

I sighed and decided to ignore the hopeful look on them that makes me want to give in.

"Well then Graham-san, let's go?"

Graham nodded, "We shall."

| AUTHOR NOTE |

Do you know that the dates I wrote above is for my own motivation?

Like "I have to finish this chapter at this date" or "the latest update I have published is at _____ and I have to publish it soon so that I won't be labeled as a lazy author."
Yeah, that's why.