21 | A Musician and A Falling Quincy

|©Reandayo - 17 March 2018|

He begged me for another duet and we played until night came. Fortunately, beside of having a friend that benefits me with books, Quin also made a good musician friend.

"Will you come here again?"

"Sure." I shrug, hiding my intention, another reason came up for me to visit the library again.

"Okay, don't forget that you promised."

Hey, don't made that up yourself, nineteenth rank capture target! You opportunist!

Well, not that I mind.

I'm curious though, with the potential, I wonder why in the game he didn't touch any music instruments? Not being the main charm point is fine, being a mere hobby would do. Was it because the librarian know that music charmed the little Wellington's miss now that the supposedly jack of all trades Elena in the game is secretly a music genius? Is that why she forced her son to play music?

The next day, I went to the library again as he said I promised to.

"Hey, Quin?"  "Yes, Elena?"

Yeah, we made a deal to get informal to each other. I'm not fond of hearing the boy around my age addressing me as a young mistress anyway.

"Why did you play the violin?"

He pondered a bit at my question,

"Is this a question that asked me why am I playing a music instrument or are you asking me why am I playing violin instead of something else?" He raised his eyebrow, "Because your question is ambiguous."

"The former." I answered, acting a bit nonchalance. "I hope you don't mind answering my sudden question."

He smiled shyly, "It's okay,"

"Well, to be completely honest, it was my mom who forced me to play."

I knew it.

"I was a bit relucant, and I also found it rather exhausting. I can't find the joy when I play it." He smiled bitterly, but when he look at me his smile changed,  "However, Elena, you changed my perspective."

"..How so?"

"When we played together, it's just like we both have things in common. So it's somewhat satisfying."

I smiled, somehow he look adorable blushing like that.

"What is this, even though you're a year older, you resemble my little brother. So cute."

I unconsciously said that.

Seriously though, I nearly want to pinched that red cheek.

"I'm not your younger brother." He remarked, his aura darkened a bit.

Wondering of why the sudden change, I raised my eyebrow, "Okay...?"

Calm down man, I was just feeling a bit excited.

"Un, remember that always okay? I'm not your brother."

"..Sure...?"

What is this? You don't want to be my brother? You will get pampered by me, you know?

Look how Fabian act around me. He's still cute even with his now chubby body is gone.

Ah. Missed him. Now I hope I can brought him here.

Quin smiled, satisfied by my answer although after hearing my 'I'm-so-oblivious' tone.

"Oh, right. You want the water-magic related book right? I know the best one for you." He changed the subject. "Just seat, I'll get it for you."

I just nod my head and seat around the not too crowded seat place which is only for VVIPs. Graham stood close beside me.

Instead of borrowing the place again under the Wellington family's name, today I told my father that he didn't need to for I already have Quin. At first on the mention of Quin's name he calmed down a bit until he got knowledge that the owner of the feminine name is a male.

I have to persuade him further until he allowed me, with the promise of bringing twenty more guards at my back. At the other hand, he also contacted the librarian to maximize the library security.

Geez, if he's not my father I would punch him in the face. Thank the lord you have my familial love, dear father.

At the cozy room, he came back with books half taller than him. Somehow when he was about to put the pile of books on the table, he got tripped but before he touched the floor I instinctively save him while the book scattered around the room.

Quin face got red when our face got close.

"Careful, or you will fall."

I lectured the young boy, casting worried look as I pat his shoulders, lookingat the scattered books and frowned. The guards are obeying my unspoken request and helped me collect the books.

While I took the last book, Quin quietly whispered, "I already did." Graham who heard this glance at him with his infamous cold stare.

Naturally, I know nothing of this.