24 | Why not

| ©Reandayo - 23 May 2018 |

"Why.. not?"

Alexander sighed, "Do you not know how many medias and royalties that will centered all their attention to the stage?"

"I know, father." Elena answers, "But what I don't understand is, why is it that I can't attract the attention of public?"

Before her father could speak, Elena continue, "For my safety? But I feel like there's more reason for it, and so I hope father could answer my curiosity."

"Have you heard about the sayings that curiosity kills the cat?"

"Fortunately I am not a cat." Elena stubbornly answers, "And I can wait all day until I get my answer."

The room temperature tensed up, even the everyday calm old secretary could feel the cold sweat running on his own skin.

"Is this about next week crown princess election, when the crown prince will pick his betrothed on a competition?"

The tensed shoulder of Alexander confirmed her suspicion.

The game didn't mention anything about the competition, it is stated that Elena became the crown prince's fiance because of her doting father's deep connection with the royalties.

That's why when the engagement between the two broke, the royalties doesn't have that much impact, instead the Wellington suffered so much loss because of the avengers of the heroine (the harem who are obsessed with her).

The competition rumoured to be designed by His Highness the crown prince himself, they said only the winner from hundreds of single ladies from all kind of backgrounds is worth to be his betrothed.

This is where the current Elena is confused. It is all too deviated from the storyline.

She knew this fact thanks to Quincy who is a Mr.know-it-all. He kept on saying not to join the competition, and that he will find ways for her to not come.

However that is impossible, for ignoring the order of a royal is like being an instant social trash.

"Father, you know best that whatever status or talent I would show to public, it wont effect the judgement of the crown prince."

"A king is no king without his people." Alexander rephrased the infamous quote line from the first king of their kingdom.

"That goes the same for this too, if the public knows nothing of you and they wouldn't support the engagement even if you are to be chosen by the prince, then at the very end, there would be no engagement."

"Father is not that naive, right?" Elena asked, "You should've known that even if the public were to disapprove the engagement, the royalties would still have ways to force them."

Alexander was impressed that his beloved nine years old daughter won an argument against him and have that much knowledge on society.

And even calling the infamously experienced, ruthless, and cold commander naive!

If she was not his daughter, she would be courting instant death!

Amongst the two sons he experienced in babysitting, they were more or less easy to be controlled by him, or at least wasn't this stubborn.

He should've expected it though, Elena is intelligent to begin with, plus thanks to that librarian child she also learned new things outside their dukedom.

Psh, who said Alexander do not know their meeting? He has almost everything under his touch.

Including the attack of Logan, of course. Alexander was furious when knowing, however his trusted right hand man Graham has successfully assured him that everything was under control.

"Why are you still insisting on this? Do you wish to be engaged with the crown prince!?"

The current Alexander has reached his end of being patient.

"I don't care about the crown prince, I only wish to have my debut on the music industry." Elena reasoned.

She regret not having her chance of pursuing her dreams when she's still alive. After reading how happy she would be when she play her self-made music in front of millions of people. She learned that death could come anytime, and she have to live her life the fullest.

So please father, don't be my second step-mother in my previous life.

| AUTHOR NOTE |

I promised you before that I will update soon, and thankfully I did not break it, at least I didn't think I did.

The update was supposed to be yesterday, but my part-time work helping my mother at her cafe tire me to death. Geez, I'm getting older.

Anyways, don't forget to vote, comment and add this story on your reading list!

Thank you very much for reading this book and bear with me until this chapter.

P.S. I will update as soon as I can on my break time.