Chapter 1

Blair's P. O. V.

I take a deep breath as I finish paddling out to catch a wave on my surfboard.

Bondi Beach. Australia.

A great place to come and surf. It's my first time here.

I spot a good wave accumulating out the back but as I'm looking in the distance, I notice a man struggling to stay above water.

I quickly paddle over to him. He grabs onto my board, holding himself up. I grab his upper body and help him up onto my board.

"Are you okay?"

He just nods, too tired to speak words. I catch a decent wave in to shore. When I get back to the beach, two lifeguards are driving up in a Rhino.

They run out to meet me and grab the man from me, helping him onto shore. I grab my board and follow slowly behind them.

I watch as the man sits down on the sand and talks to the lifeguards. After a few minutes, the man puts his attention on me, "Thank you so much for saving me!"

I smile, "You're welcome!"

He gets up and ends up walking away, to find his family. The lifeguards turn and look at me, "That was an amazing job you did out there. It's a miracle that he had someone so skilled in the water so close to him. "

I smile, "I'm just glad I could help. I'm a lifeguard at a beach in America. "

"No way! That's awesome! What are you doing here?"

I motion to my friend who is still out in the water, surfing, "She's getting married. And we always said we would come here and surf before one of us got married. "

One lifeguard holds his hand out, "I'm Max. "

I grin and shake his hand, "Blair"

The lifeguard, Max, is so incredibly gorgeous. And his accent makes me weak in the knees.

The other lifeguard shakes my hand as well, "I'm Jethro"

I smile, "Well it's really nice to meet you guys. It has to be so amazing to be lifeguards at Bondi"

Max laughs, "Oh it is. There's never a dull moment. "

At that moment, I hear on the radio, "Max, Jethro, quit flirting with the pretty girl and get back to work. "

I struggle not to laugh as Max and Jethro look embarrassed. Max sighs, "Well, thanks again for your help. Enjoy your time here. "

I smile and wave as they drive off in the Rhino.

***

"You saved someone? You just can't escape lifeguarding can you?"

I laugh at my friend, Sophia, "I'm just glad I was there. "

I grab my bag as we start to head up the beach t go back to the house we're staying in. As we're walking by the lifeguard tower, the door opens and someone comes running down.

It's the lifeguard from earlier, Max.

"Blair!"

I stop and wait for him to reach up. When he does, he rubs the back of his neck, "Would you maybe want to get dinner with us guys tonight? You can bring your friend!"

I smile, "We would love to!"

Max grins, "Oh great. Just meet us back here at 7? That's when we're supposed to get off. "

I nod, "Okay. See you at 7"

Sophia and I continue to walk away. She nudges me, "Okay who is the hottie?"

I laugh, "That's Max. I met him when I saved the guy. "

Sophia swoons, "He is totally delicious!"

***

Sophia and I are approaching the lifeguard tower at 7 when Max comes sprinting out. He quickly grabs a board and runs into the water. I watch as he pulls two small girls onto the board and brings them in.

He finds the girl's parents and gives them a lecture on leaving the girls out there alone. Unfortunately they are Chinese and there's a language barrier.

When he finally gives up on trying to explain it to them, he start walking back to the tower. I take a deep breath as I get a good view of him, shirtless, and dripping wet.

When he's closer, I say, "That was a good rescue. "

He looks up, startled and smiles, "Thanks! I'm sorry, it's so hard for us to actually get off at 7."

I wave him off, "Don't worry about it. I know exactly what you mean. "

He smiles as he finally is directly in front of me. I almost faint from how amazing he looks. He says, "We already have everything put away. So once I change, we should be good to go. "

I nod, "Okay!"

He clears his throat, "I'll be right back. "

Then he jogs back up to the tower. Sophia immediately fans herself, "Oh my gosh. Blair! He's a total babe. And he's got the hots for you. Oh my gosh. Hot, wet, dripping abs. I think I just orgasmed. "

I laugh, shoving her, "Shut up. You're a taken woman. "

She groans, "I know I know. "