Chapter 26

Blair's P. O. V.

"Hey guys, Blair and I have something to tell you!"

Max grabs me, setting his hand on my stomach, "Blair is pregnant"

The guys start cheering, surrounding us in hugs. I laugh, "You guys are the best!"

Hoppo, who already knew, smiles, "Looks like it's just tower duties for you, B"

I groan but grin at him, "I know I know. "

After the excitement dies down and the guys all leave, Max and I are still in the tower. He grabs my waist, "I think that went well!"

I laugh, "Me too"

I grab Max's hand as we walk to the car. We decide to go out to dinner. Max takes me somewhere new and fancy.

I laugh, "Max! We should've gone home and changed. This place is really nice"

Max shrugs, "Oh well."

We go inside and get seated. I order pasta and he orders steak. Max leans on his arm, "How are you doing? You're a gorgeous pregnant woman"

I laugh, "Thank you. I'm good. I'm a few months in, which is crazy. But i'm excited"

Max reaches across and grabs my hand in his, kissing my knuckles, "I'm excited too. I still can't believe we're having a baby"

I can't wipe the smile off my face, "I know."

***

Max and I had a great dinner. Very romantic. We're back at my apartment. He basically lives here now. He's always here. It's great.

I'm laying against his chest, watching tv. Suddenly I get a thought, "Max, we're going to have to get a place. We both have one bedroom apartments and we'll need to start decorating a nursery soon. "

Max wraps his arm around me, holding me tightly, "Yes. I can't wait. "

I yawn, "I'm sorry but I think i'm going to go to bed. The baby really wipes out my energy"

I stand up and look at Max as he says, "Alright baby i'll come in a bit. Goodnight. I love you"

I lean down and kiss him, "Love you too"

I walk into the bedroom and slide into bed, falling asleep right when my head hits the pillow.

***

"How are you doing? With the pregnancy?"

I turn and glance at Jake before looking back at the beach, "I'm good. Really tired and obviously starting to gain weight. "

"Your bump is really cute. "

I laugh, "Thanks Jake"

I feel him grab my hand so I quickly look at him, "Blair, just so you know, i'm really happy for you. "

I smile at him, squeezing his hand, "Thank you, Jake. That really means a lot."

Jake runs his hand down his face, "I still can't believe you're with Max, though"

I laugh, "What do you mean?"

He shrugs, "I don't know. It's just weird to see you happy with someone else"

I raise my brows, "How do you think I feel, Jake? I had to watch you get married to someone else! That day was terrible for me"

Jake sighs, "Where did we go wrong?"

I shake my head, "It's my fault, the way things played out with us-"

"No it's not"

I stop him, "It is! If I hadn't hooked up with Hoppo and started dating him, things would be different. We would probably be together. "

Jake shakes his head, "No, I was too weak to reach out to you. I didn't fight for you. And you deserve a guy who will fight for you. And anyway, Max is a great guy. He's been my best friend on the force for a long time. And he will love you and your baby and treat you both so amazing"

I smile at the mention of Max, "Yeah, I know. He's something special"

I clear my throat, "How are things with Jenny?"

Jake laughs, "Well now she's pestering me for a baby. Which I obviously keep saying it's WAY too soon, no offense,"

I laugh, "None taken"

He continues, "Even though I married her, she still feels the need to compete with you. I'm sorry, by the way, about the other day. When she was being so nasty to you and trying to set Max up with her friend"

I sigh, "I'm sorry too. I lost my cool and I hit her. And that isn't okay. "

Jake chuckles, "No, I would've hit her too if I were you. I don't blame you. It's just so weird. She wasn't this crazy before she found out about you and I. And now it's like i'm trapped in a lifetime of craziness"

I frown and set my hand on his arm, "I hate that for you. Please, if you ever need anything, don't EVER hesitate to call me or come by. "

"Jake, baby!"

We both jump in shock and turn to see Jenny walking in. I quickly pull my hand away from his arm. She walks over and kisses Jake before looking at me, "Wow, Blair, look at all the weight you've gained!"

I roll my eyes, "I'm pregnant, Jenny. You know that"

She shrugs at me before looking at Jake, "I made us reservations at that new Italian place. It'll be super romantic. I'll just wait here until you get off so we can ride together"

Jake sighs, "Jenny, I have a car here anyway. You should've just texted me and had me meet you there. I still have an hour left on my shift too!"

I quickly say, "Go ahead and go. I'll call Hoppo across the street. No biggie. "

Jake chuckles, "And he'd do anything for you. Alright Blair, thanks. Cmon Jen"

I wave as Jake leaves the trailer. I grab the phone and dial Hoppo's office. He answers, "Hello?"

"Hey Hoppo. Would you mind spending the last hour in the tower with me? Jake had to leave."

"I would never pass up a chance to spend time with you. I'm on my way"

I hang up and continue to watch the water. A few minutes later, I feel a pair of lips against my cheek.

I grin and see Hoppo sitting down. He smiles at me, "Hey gorgeous"

"Hi. Thanks for coming over"

He shrugs, "Of course. It's no problem. How's the baby?"

I run my hand over my stomach, "Perfect"