Chapter 8

Blair's P. O. V.

I wake up to the feeling of a light kiss against my lips. My lips immediately form into a smile. I then feel another kiss right below my ear and a whisper, "Good morning"

I smile and open my eyes to see Jake looking at me, "Good morning"

I sit up and start laughing, "I can't believe we slept out here!"

Jake sits up too, "I know. We must've fallen asleep talking. So, still up for a beach day?"

I nod, "Absolutely"

We get ready then grab our surfboards and go to the beach. We find a clear spot and set them down, laying out blankets.

We start walking towards the water as Jake grabs my hand. I look at him, "Can we maybe be discreet about us for awhile?"

Jake drops my hand and nods, "Of course. I understand."

I smile, "Thanks"

Right as we reach the water, we hear, "Oi! Jake! Who is your lady friend?"

I turn and see Whippet and Jethro.

They look shocked, "Oh! Blair!"

I laugh, "Hey guys"

They come over and hug both of us. Jethro says, "What are you two doing?"

Jake says, "It's my day off so Blair and I are just enjoying the beach"

Jethro raises his brows, "Blair, Max is up in the tower. I'm sure he'd love to see you. He was looking for you last night at the club"

I nod, "Oh, I left pretty early because I started to feel sick. I wanted to go to bed."

Jethro nods, "Maybe go talk to him before you leave, yeah?"

"Yeah, sure"

They leave and go back to patrolling the beach. Jake looks at me, "Jethro was weird about Max"

I nod, "I know. Super weird. I wonder if Max said something to him last night"

Jake and I go out into the water, just talking and enjoying the water.

I look around, "Is it weird being here when you're not working?"

Jake laughs, "Yeah it is. But of course, if i'm here, i'm basically on duty. If I see someone going, i'll get them"

I smile, "Of course"

I scream as a wave comes in and Jake grabs me, falling with me into the wave. I laugh as we come back up from being underwater. Jake has a tight hold on me so I wrap my arms around his waist.

Jake grins, running his hand through his hair, "You look pretty sexy when you're all wet"

I laugh and push my hair out of my face, "Hey, so do you"

***

Jake and I just got done doing some surfing. The sun is starting to go down. It's been such a nice day. I love spending time with Jake.

We grab our stuff and go up to the tower. Max, Maxi, Jesse and Singlets are sitting in the tower.

"Hey guys"

"Blair! Jake? What are you two doing here?"

Make leans against the desk, "I asked Blair if she wanted to come down to the beach since it's my day off"

I smile, "How was your days, boys?"

Maxi laughs, "Well it was pretty crazy at the beginning but it's calmed down. "

Jake goes and starts having a conversation with Jesse and Singlets about a rescue they had done earlier that day.

I walk over and sit in the chair next to Max, "Hey Max!"

He smiles at me, "Hey Blair. What happened to you last night? I never saw you!"

I smile, "Yeah, i'm sorry. I got really tired and didn't feel great so I headed home"

Max looks concerned and sets his hand on mine, "Are you feeling better?"

I nod, "Yeah, thank you. Look, about yesterday when I was leaving the beach-"

He bites his lip, rubbing the back of his neck, "No, Blair, i'm sorry. We've spent a bit of time together and we kissed but we aren't exclusive or anything. So I shouldn't have tried to do that in front of the boys and your friends. "

I smile, "It's okay. I just wanted to make sure we were good. "

Suddenly Jake appears next to us and I see him looking at where Max is basically holding my hand. Jake clears his throat, "Uh, ready to go, Blair?"

I nod, "Yeah"

I stand up, taking my hand away from Max's, "See you tomorrow Max."

"Bye Blair"

Jake and I leave the tower, walking to his car. When we get back to his apartment, I shower and change into a pair of his shorts and his t-shirt.

When I walk out, Jake is just getting out of his other shower. He grins when he sees me, "You look great in my clothes. "

I laugh as he grabs my waist, kissing me. Then we go back outside and lay down on the same couch we slept on last night. Jake sighs, "I noticed that Max was holding your hand"

I nod, "Yeah he grabbed it. I couldn't just pull it away"

Jake smiles at me, "I know. I know. It's just going to be hard keeping us a secret from them because i'll have to watch guys, especially Max, flirt with you."

I reach up and set my hand on his cheek, running my thumb back and forth, "I know. I'm sorry. But I just think it would make things weird. I don't want people to be weird around us. "

He nods, "I totally understand. Even if it's just in secret, i'm glad I get to have you"

He leans down, pressing his lips against mine. I smile into the kiss. He pulls back slightly and whispers against my lips, "I love when you smile while i'm kissing you"

I laugh as he starts kissing my cheeks, my forehead and my nose. Making me laugh in between every kiss. He nuzzles my nose with his nose, "You're so stunning"

I can't stop laughing. I smile at him as he keeps kissing my nose. Finally he stops and just looks at me. I run my hand up his chest, wrapping around his neck and grabbing onto his hair at the base of his neck, "You make me really happy"

Jake grins, "You make me really happy too. Do you want to stay here again tonight? You can come to work with me in the morning?"

I nod, "Yeah, that sounds good"

Jake stands up and grabs my hand, "Cmon, let's actually sleep in my bed tonight. Let's go watch a movie"

I smile and follow him into his bedroom. We get into bed and put Gladiator on. But we mostly end up talking and kissing anyway.

"Have you ever dated anyone you've met at the beach before?"

Jake laughs, "No. Have you dated a lot of lifeguards?"

I laugh, "No, actually. Even though I'm a lifeguard at home, I never dated any of the guys I work with"

Jake bites his lip, "Do you think you'd ever move here?"

I smile, "Why? Would you like that?"

Jake grabs me, pulling me close to him, "Of course. Nothing would make me happier"

I kiss him quickly, "But to answer your question, yes, I have thought about it. I love it here. I love all the guys. And I love spending time with you. If Hoppo would hire me, I would do it in a heartbeat. "

Jake grins, "He for sure would hire you! He loves you and you've already proven yourself to be a great lifeguard"

I smile, "Thank you"

Jake yawns and says, "Let's get some shut eye. Goodnight. "

I kiss him, "Goodnight"