Chapter 6

Blair's P. O. V.

"Okay so what's going on? Max or Jake?"

I groan and lay down next to Sophia on her bed, "I don't know. I like both of them. And i've kissed both of them"

Sophia starts laughing, "Oh my goodness, B! You need to make a decision!"

I run my hands down my face, "I know I do"

"And also, you know Brad's best man likes you. And now he's about to be here!"

I groan, "This is a disaster. Well i'm going to go to sleep since we have to get them in the morning. Goodnight."

***

Sophia, her fiancé Brad, his best man Chris, and I all just got to Bondi Beach. We're going surfing. But I know i'll mostly end up talking to the guys.

We all find a spot right in front of the tower. As we're setting our stuff down, a rhino speeds up. Jake and Max are in it. I immediately feel some tension between them as they come up to me.

Max reaches me first, pulling me into a tight hug. Then Jake scoops me up into a hug, lifting me off the ground. And after we pull away, he keeps his arm around me.

I smile, "Brad, Chris, this is Max and Jake. They are lifeguards here. Guys, this is Sophia's fiancé Brad and his best man Chris"

They all greet each other then Brad says, "How did you all meet?"

Max quickly says, "Oh mate, it was incredible. We saw Blair save someone from drowning and we found out she's a lifeguard back in the States. So she's started coming and sort of training with us. "

I smile as Max looks at me, almost with a look of pride on his face. Jake says, "This girl is also wicked good on the jet ski"

I laugh and playfully bump his hip with mine, "These guys are just trying to kiss up to me"

Jake says, "It's good surf today"

Brad looks out at the water, "Yeah it is. Are you ready to go guys?"

Sophia and Chris give the affirmative so they start getting ready. I smile, "You guys go on without me. I'll be out in a bit"

They all go in the water but I stay standing with Max and Jake. Max says, "Are we all going out tonight?"

I nod, "Yeah! We're going to The Icebergs. "

He nods, "Perfect. "

After a bit of talking, they go back to work and I go out to surf.

***

After a bit of surfing, I decide to come back to shore. I see the guys kneeling over a guy laying on the ground. They're performing CPR.

I watch from a distance as he regains consciousness and the ambo takes him away. There's a group of the guys gathered together.

I can overheard their whole conversation.

Hoppo says, "Jake, Max, where were your heads at, mates? The guy was directly in front of you and you missed it!"

Hoppo walks away, leaving Max, Jake, Maxi and Jesse standing there. Maxi chuckles, "I know what you two were doing! You were watching Blair"

Jesse raises his brows, "Oh my, everything is starting to make sense now. "

Jake groans, "Shut up"

Maxi sighs, "Both of you really like her. Now she just needs to decide who she wants"

Max walks away with Jesse and I hear Jake say to Maxi, "Blair and I made out last night."

Maxi laughs and goes to answer but suddenly spots me. He clears his throat, "Uh"

Jake turns around and looks completely embarrassed. I walk out and smile at them, "Hey boys. Was that man okay?"

Jake nods, "Yeah, he coughed up a lot of water. He's being taken to hospital but he'll be fine"

I nod, "That's good"

Maxi says, "So Blair, who is your date to the wedding?"

I raise my brows, "Oh, uh, i'm not sure yet"

Maxi grins, "I'll go with you!"

Jake starts to say something but Maxi quickly says, "I'm just kidding, mate. I'm sure Jake would love to take you, B"

I look at Jake, "Would you?"

He nods, "Yeah, sure!"

Maxi pats both of our shoulders, "Perfect. "

Then he just walks away. I look at Jake, biting my lip, "I'm sorry if you don't actually want to go to the wedding with me! You totally don't have to. Maxi basically signed you up. "

Jake quickly says, "No, I want to! I really do"

I smile, "Okay good. I was hoping you would say that. "

Jake clears his throat, "Are you doing anything with Sophia and the guys tomorrow?"

I shrug, "There's no big plans"

"Well I have the day off. I figured maybe we could come here and surf a bit and just spend the day relaxing at the beach. "

I grin, "Yeah, that sounds like fun. "

Jake starts to walk back up to the tower, setting his hand on my back, "Perfect. Well i'll text you later tonight about what time i'll come and pick you up tomorrow"

I nod, "Okay. Well you go back to work. Don't want to get yelled at by Hoppo twice in one day. I'll come say bye before I leave"

He waves and hogs back up to the tower. I go back to our spot where Sophia is walking back with her surfboard. She looks at me, "What happened?"

I sigh, "A guy almost died on Max and Jake's watch. I overheard them basically admit that they were too distracted watching me surf. "

Sophia laughs, "Oh my gosh. Girl! These two guys are head over heels for you! You could have either one! The question is, who do you want?"

I bite my lip, "That's the thing. I don't know. One second I think I know. Then I spend time with the other one and I get all confused. But Jake is my date to your wedding and i'm worried about how Max is going to take it!"

Sophia sighs, "Well I guess you just need to keep doing what you're doing and i'm sure you'll eventually figure it out"

I nod as we go back out to do some more surfing.