Chapter 9

Blair's P. O. V.

"Wow, look at all these good looking guys"

All the guys turn and look at me and grin. Chris pulls me into a hug, "Blair, this is why you're our favorite. "

I laugh, hugging him back. Jake is on the beach today so he's down there and i'm up in the tower with Max, Jesse, and Chris.

After a few hours, the guys start asking me questions, "Alright Blair, what guy here is the funniest?"

I laugh, "I don't know! You guys are all really funny! Jake makes me laugh a lot. But so does Maxi! You all do!"

Max laughs, "She's trying to play politics and please everyone here! Cmon Blair, we won't get our feelings hurt!"

I smile, rolling my eyes, "You guys kill me"

Chris says, "Alright, i've got one for you. Which lifeguard has the best body"

I bite my lip, "Oh my gosh. Okay well skinny muscular would be Deano or Harries. But thicker muscular would have to be you, Max. But also, Hoppo is pretty built and looks pretty good with his shirt off. But don't tell him I said that!"

"Playing a good old fashioned game of 20 questions?"

We all turn and see Hoppo standing there. Oh my gosh, he for sure heard me say he looks good with his shirt off.

I feel my face get red as he looks at me. "Good morning, Blair"

I smile, "Morning Hoppo"

Hoppo says, "I'm going to my office across the street. Radio if you need me"

The guys all say bye as he leaves the tower. They all start laughing, "Ah, Blair! He for sure heard you!"

I groan, "I know. I'm so embarrassed. "

Max shrugs, "Don't be. It was a compliment. Just like how you said I had the nicest body here"

I roll my eyes, grinning at him, "Shut up"

I wish I could have said Jake but they would've known something was up. But Max really does have the best body.

Jesse speaks up, "Oh, i've got one! Tattoos or no tattoos?"

I grin at Jesse then glance down at Jake on the beach before saying, "Tattoos"

Max frowns, looking back at the beach. Jesse grins, "So you like my tattoos?"

I nod, "Hell yeah I do. Tattoos are sexy"

Chris pats Jesse on the back, "At least one person thinks so"

I laugh as Jesse playfully shoves him. That's how the day goes, them asking me questions and just laughing. Of course we had to stop when people were in trouble. But if nothing was happening, we had a good time.

It's 6:50 and the guys have packed up and some are back in the tower. Jake just got back in. He smiles at me, winking. I grin back at him. Suddenly Hoppo pops his head in and says, "Blair, will you come here please?"

I nod, looking at the guys who know what happened earlier. They all look at me with wide eyes. I walk back outside the tower where Hoppo is standing.

I immediately start, "Hoppo, i'm so sorry about what I said earlier-"

He smiles, "Oh Blair don't worry about that. It's a compliment. Gave me a bit of a confidence boost"

I laugh, "You don't seem like the kind of guy that needs a confidence boost. "

Hoppo grins at me, "You're right. But look, that's not why I wanted to talk to you. I know the guys like you. I like you. You've already proven yourself to be an amazing lifeguard on the jet ski with Jake. And you fit in great here. I want you to come work with us"

I raise my brows, my mouth opening slightly, "You're offering me a job"

He nods, "I am. So what do you say?"

I smile, "That sounds great. I would love that"

Hoppo nods, "Great. We'll talk out the rest of the details later. Would you like to get dinner with me on Friday?"

My eyebrows slightly furrow in confusion. Is this dinner to discuss my job? Or what is this. But of course I can't reject him. He's going to be my boss.

I nod, "I can do dinner but Friday is no good. That's Sophia's rehearsal dinner. "

Hoppo nods, "Oh, of course! Thursday then?"

I smile, "Sounds good. "

He sets his hand on my shoulder, "Alright, go on in and tell the boys they can go home. I'll see you tomorrow"

I wave, "See ya tomorrow Hop"

I walk back inside and see Jesse, Max, and Chris looking at me. I quickly walk over to the three of them, lowering my voice, "He offered me a job. Then asked me out to dinner"

Max raises his brows, "He's asked you on a date"

I shake my head, "No way is it a date. I'm sure he just wants to talk about the job offer"

"Hey, what's going on? You all look so serious"

I turn and see Jake standing behind me. He discreetly sets his hand on my back, lightly scratching his fingers down my back.

Jesse laughs, "Hoppo asked Blair out on a date"

Jake looks at me in shock and I quickly say, "No, Jesse, tell the whole story," I look at Jake, "He offered me a job. Then said we can discuss the details later and asked me to dinner. I'm sure it's just to discuss the job!"

Jake's face turns to total elation, "You're going to work here?!"

He picks me up into a huge hug, spinning me around. I laugh as he sets me down, keeping hold of his arm. The guys are all looking at us in confusion.

Max says loudly, "Boys, Blair is going to be joining the service!"

They all start clapping and i'm crushed in a huge group hug. I grin as I feel lots of kisses being placed against my cheeks. These boys mean everything to me.