Chapter 21

Blair's P. O. V.

Last night was really weird. I hope that Jenny had no idea what happened. Not for my sake, but for Jake's. Sure, I want to be with Jake. But if he's happy with her, I would never want to be the reason he was unhappy.

I have the day off so i'm doing some shopping. I have to go grocery shopping a lot because the guys come over and clean out my fridge.

I'm in the protein powder aisle when I hear, "Blair?"

I turn and see Hoppo walking towards me. I smile, "Hey"

He pulls me into a hug, holding onto me tightly, "How are you?"

I pull away, "I'm good. How are you?"

He nods, "I'm good," He looks into my cart, "I miss our grocery shopping trips together"

I reach up, running my hand up his arm, "So do I"

Hoppo scratches his head, "Would you like to come over? I can cook you dinner. "

I bite my lip, "Sure, yeah. Let me take my groceries home then i'll come over, okay?"

He grins, "Alright. So i'll see you in a bit"

***

I take a deep breath, looking at myself in the mirror. I feel nervous. I don't know why. I guess it's just because it seems like it's been so long since I spent alone time with Hoppo.

I'm wearing a crop top sweatshirt and yoga pants. I grab my purse and walk over to his house.

Before I even get a chance to knock on the door, he opens it, "Hey!"

I laugh, "Hi"

I follow him into the dining room where he has a nice dinner set up. I grin, "Wow. This is great."

We sit down and start to eat. Hoppo smiles at me, "This is nice. It feels right. Normal"

I chuckle, "I know. It does. "

"How are things with you and Jake?"

I give him a look. He quickly holds his hands up in surrender, "I'm not being sarcastic. I'm being serious. Because I love you. So I want you to be happy. And I know you love him-"

"Hoppo-"

"No, Blair. It's okay. You know you're in love with him. And we all know he's in love with you. So my question was legitimate. "

I smile, "I'm sorry. Uh, he's still with Jenny. And she found out we had a little thing at the beginning of my time here. And she got really mad. Basically banned him from seeing me without other people around"

Hoppo sighs, "And has he abided by her rules?"

I laugh, "Well, I was over at his house last night. I mean he had a couple of friends over so it wasn't anything wrong. But suddenly she was at his house and I had to climb down the balcony. So I guess i'm starting to come to terms that nothing will ever happen between us. I mean, you and I have been broken up for awhile now and he chooses to stay with Jenny"

"Blair, you know he loves you and wants you. And I know you guys have done things together during this time that a guy in a relationship shouldn't do. Because he wants you. Don't give up on him. Honestly, if you and Jake don't end up together, I would stop believing in love"

I laugh, feeling tears prick the back of my eyes, "Hoppo-"

I get up and walk over to him, sitting down on his lap and wrapping my arms around his neck, hugging him. I press my face into his neck, "I miss you"

He holds me close, "I miss you too"

I pull away and look into his eyes, "I'll always love you. I just want you to know that. "

Hoppo reaches up and cups my face, "I do know that. And I still love you too"

He leans forward and kisses me. I kiss back but then pull away. I clear my throat, "As much as I want to kiss you, it would just make me want you even more. And I know that can't happen. Ya know?"

He sighs and nods, "I know, Blair. You're right. I'm sorry. "

I furrow my brows, "You have nothing to apologize for," I stand up, "I should probably go. "

Hoppo nods and walks me to the door, hugging me again, "Thanks for coming"

I smile, "Thanks for dinner. It was so great. I'll see you tomorrow"

I start my walk home. On my way home, I call Max Ayshford.

"Hey Blair"

"Hey, will you come over?"

He laughs, "Absolutely. I'll leave right now"

I grin, "Great. See you in a few. "

I get home and immediately freshen myself up, putting on a set of sexy lingerie. I hear a knock on the door so I go and answer it, seeing Max standing there.

He grins when he sees me, grabbing me and kissing me. I wrap my arms around his neck and shut the door with my foot as he picks me up and takes me into the bedroom.

He lays me down and crawls on top of me. His eyes roam my body, "Gosh, you're so sexy"

I grin and run my hands up and down his sculpted body, "Quit talking"

***

"Wow, Blair, you were an animal tonight"

I laugh as he continues, "What got into you?"

I shrug, "I just missed you"

Max leans down and kisses me, "I missed you too. "

I pull the duvet up to my chin, "I'm really tired. I think i'm going to try and fall asleep."

Max comes up behind me, wrapping his arm around me, "Of course. Goodnight, Blair. "

***

I'm still up in the tower because of my head. Jake is up here with me again. I don't know why he's been up here with me so much but it might be Hoppo trying to get up together.

I bite my lip, looking at him, "So, the other night.. did Jenny know I had been there?"

Jake shakes his head, "No, she had no idea. "

I smile, "Oh good. Why did she come home early?"

He sighs, "She doesn't trust me that i'm not going to be with you"

I tilt my head, "And you want to be with someone who doesn't trust you?"

Jake shrugs, "I can't fault her for not trusting me because i've been lying to her. I don't deserve her trust"

I sigh, not saying anything else. Do I want Jake and Jenny to break up? Absolutely. But I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe I should just give up and take things further with Max. I mean, it's been a couple of months since Hoppo and I broke up.