Chapter 15

Blair's P. O. V.

"Alright boys, I've asked you all here because I have some exciting news. And I thought we all needed to get together so I could share it. Blair, would you come up here please?"

I stand up and walk to the front of the room, standing with Hoppo. He starts again, "I have offered Blair a full time lifeguardship here. And she has accepted"

The boys all cheer and clap but Hoppo isn't finished. He wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him, "Also, Blair and I are together, romantically"

I look at everyone and they look quite shocked. I see Jake in the back of the group, looking at me. I sigh and plaster a smile on my face, looking up at Hoppo. Finally, once the guys get over the shock, they start to congratulate us.

"Congrats Hop, you're a really lucky guy"

"Yeah man, wow, you've got yourself a real stunner"

"Blair! What do you see in this old man?"

I laugh, looking up at Hoppo. He grabs my waist and leans down, pecking my lips. I smile as a lot of the guys laugh and clap.

We're all at Hoppo's house having a grill out after a long days work for the boys. The announcement is over and everyone goes back to their conversations and eating their food.

I walk into the kitchen, grabbing another beer. Then I hear someone say, "Can I get one?"

I turn around and see Jake standing there. I smile and open the fridge, handing him a beer. Jake opens in and throws away the cap. I expect him to leave because i'm sure he's furious with me. But instead, he leans against the counter, looking at me.

I take a deep breath, "How have you been?"

Jake looks down, "Uh, yeah. I've been okay. I've been having nightmares, but i'm sure it'll stop soon"

I walk over so i'm leaning against the counter next to him. I reach down and grab his hand in mine. He entwines our fingers, squeezing my hand tight.

I lean my head against his shoulder, "I know things are complicated right now. But seriously, just call me if you ever need anything. And tomorrow I move into my apartment. So you can stop by whenever you need to talk or just be with someone"

I feel him press a kiss against my head as he says, "Thank you. "

Then we just stand there together in silence for a bit. I'm glad the kitchen is closed off from the rest of the house. But suddenly I hear, "Hey, grab me a beer too please!"

I shoot to the other side of the kitchen, away from Jake, right as Hoppo walks into the kitchen. He smiles when he sees me, walking straight over and pulling me into a passionate kiss.

I quickly pull away and motion to Jake. Jake was standing by the entrance so Hoppo mustn't have seen him. Hoppo turns and looks at Jake, "Oh Jake, i'm sorry. I didn't see you there!"

Jake manages a chuckle, "No worries. I'm gonna go back out there"

He walks out and Hoppo grabs me again, kissing me. I laugh and pull away, "Hopp, we have a house full of people"

He groans, "I know. You're just so irresistible."

I smile and peck his lips one more time before grabbing my beer and going back out with everyone. I walk over to Maxi and Jesse, sitting down.

Jesse looks at me, "Well Blair, you and Hoppo, what a surprise!"

Maxi starts laughing, "I actually knew already. I heard from Hop's friend Adam"