Chapter 28

Blair's P. O. V.

"Babe, are you ready?"

I grab my purse and walk out of the bedroom, "Yeah let's go"

We're picking up my parents from the airport. They're finally coming to see me and see my new life in Australia.

Max and I get in the car and start our drive. He reaches over, taking my hand in his. I look over at him, "Are you excited"

Max laughs, "I am. But i'm nervous too. Your dad is probably not happy that I got you pregnant. "

I smile and squeeze his hand, "Yeah it took him a bit to wrap his head around it. But mostly he just wasn't happy that his little girl decided to stay in Australia. But he is really excited to meet you"

We pull up to the pick up zone of the airport. We get out and walk in, looking for my parents. Max grabs me, making me turn my attention to him. He gives me a small kiss and says, "I love you"

I smile and reach up, brushing hair off his forehead, "I love you"

"Blair?"

I turn and see my parents. I grin and pull them each into my arms. My parents hold me tightly. It's been a long time since i've seen them.

I pull away and say, "Mom, dad, this is Max. "

My mom hugs Max immediately then my dad shakes his hand. Max smiles, "It's lovely to finally meet both of you. "

My mom is grinning from ear to ear, "We feel the same way, Max. "

I smile and take Max's hand in mine, "Here, the car is just outside. We'll take you to my apartment"

We walk out and my mom immediately starts asking me baby questions, "Have you found out the sex yet? You're 22 weeks right?"

I shake my head, "No, I have an appointment in a few days for that, actually. But yeah, i'm about 22 weeks"

She grins, "So we'll be here!"

We get in the car and Max starts driving away. But they don't know we have a house now. Max worked so hard to make sure we were moved in before my parents came. So we're surprising them.

We pull into the driveway and my dad says, "Blair, whose house is this?"

I smile, "Max and I just bought it. We moved in last week"

"Wow. It's beautiful"

We go inside and I immediately pull them to the balcony which overlooks Bondi, "Guys, this is where we work"

My mom lets out a sigh, "It's beautiful"

It's dark so you can't see too much. I took off a couple days while they're here so i'm going to take them tomorrow.

I show them to one of our guest rooms, "This is your room. You have an attached bathroom through this door. Towels and everything are under the sink. Let me know if you need anything. "

My parents nod, "I think we'll take showers then come out to spend time with you guys"

I grin, "Perfect"

I leave them and join Max out on the balcony. We curl up on our swing chair. He wraps his arms around me, resting his hands on my stomach.

I lay my head against his chest and let out a sigh, enjoying the breeze. Max presses a kiss to my temple, "You're beautiful"

I laugh, "Thank you"

"And i'm really happy your parents are here"

I look up at him, giving his lips a peck, "So am I. Thank you for working so hard to have the house ready for them. "

He holds me a bit tighter, "Of course, my love. "

The door opens and out walks my parents. They sit down in the chairs across from us. My mom smiles, "It's gorgeous out here. I can't wait to see it in the daytime"

I nod, "It's beautiful. It still amazes me when I get down to the beach every morning"

My dad quickly says, "What do you do there? Certainly you don't do rescues pregnant?"

I shake my head, "No, I don't! There's always lifeguards in the tower who watch the whole beach and radio to the lifeguards on the sand if something is going on. So that's where i'll be until I come back from having the baby"

"Oh okay. That's really nice you can still work"

I smile, "Yeah it is"