Chapter 27

Blair's P. O. V.

"So what do you think?"

I look around, "I love it. And it's so close to work. I think it's perfect"

Max nods, "I completely agree. I'm going to go talk to the realtor. I'll be back"

I nod as I watch him walk into the other room. We're standing inside a beautiful house super close to the beach. It has an open concept with an amazing back deck for entertaining. Four bedrooms and three baths. Its stunning.

Max told me he booked us to go see some apartments for rent and he surprised me by bringing me here. What an amazing surprise. The house is perfect for our growing family.

About 10 minutes later, Max walks back in. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling my back against his chest, "The realtor called and told the sellers my offer. They accepted. "

He holds up the keys, "Welcome home"

I grin and turn, crushing him into a hug, "This is so amazing. I love you"

Max kisses me, "I love you too. "

We sign the papers that need to be signed but then we have to go. We made this stop before work because we both have the afternoon shift.

When we get to work, I go in and say, "Guys, we just bought a house!"

A bunch of the guys come up and congratulate us, basically informing us that we had to have a housewarming party. Which of course we will.

I'm in the tower because i'm pregnant but Max is down on the sand. I'm in the tower with Maxi today.

Maxi smiles at me, "It's so amazing to see how your life in Australia is coming together. I mean, for awhile there you were kind of in limbo, ya know? Jake was taken and you and Hoppo wanted different things. I'm really glad you and Max are so happy together"

I laugh as I scan the beach, "I know. I'm so thankful that Max waited for me to quit being an idiot and overlooking what was right in front of me. I'm getting everything i've ever wanted. "

"You and Max better have a bangin party when you get moved in!"

"Oh you know we will. The sucky thing is that it won't be bangin for me because I can't drink"

I set my hand on my tiny bump. Maxi raises his brows, "I totally forgot that you can't drink! Dang. Well you'll be the one who makes sure none of us get out of control"

I grin, "I will gladly do that. "

***

My head whips to the right as I hear Max on the radio, "Is there a person at Backpackers with their hand up"

I focus in on a person way too far out and way too close to the rocks. It takes a minute but then I see, "Yeah you're in. Be careful, he's very close to the rocks"

I watch as Max rips his shirt off and grabs his board, beginning the long and tiring paddle out to the man. The water is rough today so it takes twice as long as it normally would to reach him.

I see that Max has him safely on the board but I watch as waves push them closer and closer to the rocks. I look at Maxi, "I'm worried they're going to be washed onto the rocks"

Maxi reaches over and squeezes my arm, "Max knows what he's doing. He'll be okay"

After about 15 minutes of batting the water and the rocks, Max paddles the guy back onto shore. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding as I see Max standing on the sand.