Chapter 30

Blair's P. O. V.

"Honey, how are you feeling?"

I smile, "I'm nervous. But excited!"

My mom kisses my head, "Do you want us to go back with you? Or stay in the lobby and give you and Max that moment?"

"You guys can come back. "

At that moment, the nurse calls my name. Max grabs my hand and we follow her back to the room. My parents follow behind. I get on the table and lift my shirt up.

Max holds my hand as the nurse puts the gel on my stomach. She grabs the monitor thing and runs it across my stomach until a heart beat fills the room. I immediately feel tears father in my eyes.

Max squeezes my hand, "Oh my gosh. It's our baby"

He leans down and kisses me as we look at the screen. The nurse says, "Are you wanting to know the gender?"

"Yes, we are"

She looks at the screen then says, "You're having a baby girl"

Tears are streaming down my face as Max kisses me again. My mom and dad come over and pull us both into a hug. We wipe up my stomach then we get our ultrasound pictures and leave.

"Sweetie, I am so happy you're having a girl!"

I laugh, "Me too. "

My mom grabs a hold of my hand, "But It's going to be so hard when you have the baby and we're back in America"

I frown, "I know. But you guys can come visit. And once the baby is older, we'll visit you. "

***

Max and I had an amazing visit with my parents. It was incredible to finally be able to share my new life with them. It was really hard saying goodbye but they'll come back around my due date.

Yesterday, Hoppo asked us to double date with him and Karen tonight. We accepted. We're getting ready to head there now.

Max opens my car door then goes around to the drivers side. We begin to drive to the restaurant. Max reaches over, grabbing my hand, "Blair, I know this is weird for you-," I go to protest but he holds up his hand, "My love, just because you and I are together doesn't mean your feelings for him just disappear. You'll always love him and that's okay. So tonight is bound to be a bit uncomfortable. At least at first. I'm sure Karen is feeling weird about this dinner. "

I shrug, "Unless Hoppo didn't tell her that we used to be together"

Max chuckles, "Yes I suppose that's a possibility. Guess we'll be careful what we say"

We park in the restaurant parking lot, going inside. We see Hoppo and Karen in the waiting area. Hoppo immediately comes and hugs Max and I, "Blair, Max, this is Karen. Karen, this is Blair and Max"

Karen shakes Max's hand but I pull her into a hug. I want to make Karen as comfortable as possible. Hoppo loves her, therefore I love her.

We get a table and order drinks first. Karen sits across from me, Hoppo across from Max. Karen smiles, "So you both work as lifeguards?"

Max nods, "Yes. But not Blair, so much right now," He moves his hand to rub my stomach. Karen grins, "Yes, I saw you were pregnant when you walked in. You look absolutely radiant! Are you having a girl or boy?"

I smile and set my hand on top of Max's hand, still on my stomach, "We're having a girl. "

"That's so exciting! Are you guys going to go the Godparent route or not. I'm just asking because I love hearing the people parents choose for their child"

Max smiles and says, "Actually yes. This is actually kind of awkward because we were planning on asking Hoppo if he would be a godparent"

Karen looks at Hoppo in shock and Hoppo also looks completely shocked. He looks at me with tear filled eyes, "Blair, I would love nothing more than to be your girl's godfather"

I smile, feeling myself getting choked up, "Thank you. I can't wait for her to meet you. She's going to feel so loved"

We order and eat dinner. I stand up, "I'm going to use the bathroom"

Karen stands, "I'll join you!"

We go to the bathroom and as I come out of the stall to wash my hands, Karen is re-applying her lipstick. She looks at me, "That was really sweet, asking Hoppo to be a godparent. I could see how much it meant to him. Although I didn't realize you guys were that close"

I bite my lip, "Um, i'm sorry- you should probably talk about it to Hoppo"

Karen raises a brow but nods, "That's probably a good idea. Let's go"

When we sit back down at the table, Karen looks at Hoppo, "Sweetie, you told me a lot about Max and the other guys from Bondi. But you were very selective on what you said about Blair. So i'm just a bit confused on why she would ask you to be a godparent to her only child"

Max looks at me, alarm in his eyes. This could go very south. Max squeezes my hand as if to say, see she didn't know about you.

Hoppo clears his throat, "Oh, uh, Blair and I are very close"

"How close?"

I frown, "Maybe we should let you guys have this conversation in private-"

Karen smiles, "No, Blair, please stay. I'm not angry or anything. I just want to know"

Hoppo nods, "Karen, i'm sorry. I should have told you before we came to dinner. But Blair and I used to be together. We were planning on being married"

Karen nods and looks at me, "Why didn't you guys wed?"

I rub my belly, "Hoppo didn't want more kids. Clearly, I did"

Karen nods and smiles, "Thank you. Both of you. For telling me. I just wanted to understand. And now I know why Hop is so invested in you two as a couple and your baby. "

Hoppo nods, "Yes, I feel as though a part of that baby is mine. And I will love her as if that were true"

Max smiles, "She'll he really lucky to have you. "

As we go to leave, Max and Hoppo go to get the cars, leaving Karen and I alone. Karen hugs me, "Blair, I'm so happy we got to spend this time together. I'm sorry if I made it awkward momentarily when I asked about you and Hoppo. I just wanted to know everything. But really, i'm not angry or jealous or upset. I like you and Max a lot and would love to be friends. I want us four to be able to hang out and Hop and I to babysit whenever you need us. Or if you just need girl time. Or you need anything with your pregnancy. I'm going to get your number from Hop and text you so you have mine. Reach out whenever!"

I grab both her hands in mine, "Karen, thank you so much for how you handled tonight. And thank you so much for offering all of those things. I would love to be great friends. I'm sure we'll be seeing lots more of each other"

Max pulls up so Karen hugs me one last time and waves as I get in the car. As Max drives away, he laughs, "Was it awkward being there alone with her?"

I shake my head, a huge grin on my face, "No, she was great. She's perfect for him. And I think her and I are going to be perfect friends"

He reaches over, grabbing my hand and kissing the back of it, "I'm really glad it turned out so well. I just want whatever is going to make you happy. "

I smile and kiss his cheek before settling back into my seat, looking out the window. Tonight was scary but it turned out to be better than I could've even expected. I want to be close to Hoppo and I want him to be close to my baby. And him having a woman like Karen by his side will make it even more enjoyable.

I'm happy.

I'm so happy.