Chapter 3

Caitlyns POV:

After getting ready into a pair of black leggings and a jumper and putting on a little bit of makeup, I picked up my phone and left my house. Ashton's house wasn't far from mine, so I decided to walk there instead of getting the bus. The sun was out, but there was alot of wind, and it was blowing my long brown hair everywhere. I stopped at the crossing and looked ahead; it would only take me another 5 minutes to get to Ashton's house. The traffic light beeped, indicating for me to cross, but then, right infront of me (but luckily not facing me) was Calum and Michael.

If Calum and Michael were there, then Luke was bound to show up. Quickly, I pulled my hood up over my hair and looked down and walked quickly round the corner. It seemed as though they hadn't noticed me, hopefully they didn't. For the rest of the walk to Ashton's, I speed walked just incase I bumped into Luke, Calum or Michael.

I opened the gate and walked up to Ashton's front door, before knocking on it. The door opened, revealing a grinning Ashton. His hair was how it usually looked; curly and messy, yet perfect. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a grey top with a red flannel shirt over it.

"Hey!" he exclaimed, the grin still on his face as he pulled me towards him into a hug.

"Hi!" I replied, hugging him back.

We pulled apart and while I took off my shoes, Ashton leaned forward and closed the door.

"So, what food and movies did you bring?" he asked me.

"Oh no!" I said. I can't believe I'd forgotten to bring any movies or any food. I weren't even in that much of a rush. "Sorry Ash, I forgot them." I told him. Ashton just laughed and shook his head at me.

"Oh well, we can just walk to the shop, it's not that far away is it?" he asked me.

As soon as he said the words I was starting to freak out inside. I had seen Calum and Michael outside the shops earlier, but surely they should have left by now? What else is there to do outside a shop?

"Okay." was all I said back to him.

He smiled at me again, something that he always does, before opening the door and waiting for me to put on my shoes.

"I don't know why you always take off your shoes, you are allowed your shoes on in my house, I always have my shoes on." he said, laughing a little bit.

"Shut up, it's manners!" I said, laughing as well. He just pushed my shoulder teasingly so I pushed him back, and then we both walked out of the door laughing. As we were walking to the shop, the only conversation between us consisted of us talking about what food to buy and what movies to get. We finally reached the shop, and Calum and Michael weren't outside it anymore. I was hoping that they wouldn't be inside either.

"Caitlyn pick up a basket, were getting loads!" Ashton exclaimed, and then took of running down the aisles.

"Ashton!" I laughed, picking up a basket and running after him.

When I reached him, he already had loads of things in his hands: all different kinds of chocolates, biscuits and sweets. He dumped them all in the basket and started picking up more things, while laughing.

"Is this a joke Ashton?" I asked him, laughing as well. "This is going to cost so much!" I said.

"I've brought alot of money, it doesn't matter!" he said, putting more things in the basket. I rolled my eyes jokingly.

We started walking down the ice-cream aisle when I heard a familiar laughing. I knew exactly who it was and I didn't want to turn around to clarify it. When things started hitting me, food I think it was, I knew it was Luke, Calum and Michael. Ashton stopped scanning the ice-creams and looked over at me before looking at the boys behind me.

"Just leave her alone!" Ashton said, his usual joking self gone.

"Is that your boyfriend then Caitlyn?" I heard Calum ask me.

"No, I'm her friend." Ashton told them. He sounded quite angry.

"Her only friend." Michael said and they all started laughing. I just carried on looking down at the floor, too scared to look up.

"Shut up! What has she ever done to you?" Ashton asked him, sounding even more angry than before. When none of them answered Ashton muttered "Exactly, come on Caitlyn lets pay and leave." He picked up the basket and quickly opened the fridge and picked up some ice-cream and put it in the basket and then grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

"I hate them so much." Ashton said.

"Me too." I agreed.

"I don't know why they're so horrible to you, you're one of the nicest people I know!" he told me.

"I don't know either, I hadn't ever spoken to them until they started bullying me." I told him.

Ashton nodded and put his hand in mine, squeezing my hand before letting go and emptying our basket so we could pay for it.

"We forgot the movies!" I told him.

"We'll just use my laptop and find some." Ashton replied, and then smiled at me, and I just nodded.

We put all of the food into bags and the cashier told us it was £20.

"Ashton I can't belive you put twenty pounds worth of food in the basket!" I whispered to him, which made him start laughing as he handed the lady the money.

"Thanks." he said, picking up some of the bags while I picked up the others and then we left.

__________________________________________

When we got back to Ashton's, we went into the lounge and emptied the bags of food out onto the table.

"I can't believe how much we bought Ashton." I said, shaking my head but laughing too.

"We better eat it all, did you see how disgusted the cashier lady looked while scanning our food? It's not that much food is it?" he asked me.

"It is that much food!" I told him and we both started laughing.

"Okay, shall I get my laptop and we'll put on a film then?" Ashton asked me.

"Yeah okay." I agreed.

Ashton took of running up his stairs to get his laptop, while I looked at all of the things he'd bought again and laughing.

"I got my laptop, lets put on the film!" he said. I nodded and then we both sat down on the sofa to watch the film.