Chapter 42

Luke's POV:

Brooke completely ignored me, so I shoved past her and opened the door to my house. I opened it, walking inside and just as I turned around to close it in her face, she barged her way inside, kicking the door closed and pushing me up against the wall.

Without saying anything, she pressed her lips against mine. For a single moment, I slipped, imagining her being Caitlyn. But then I remembered that she wasn't Caitlyn, and the reason I'm not with Caitlyn anymore is all because of Brooke, the bitch that just pushed her way into my house and kissed me.

Putting my hands onto her arms, I shoved her off of me. She staggered back slightly, catching her balance just to walk back over to me.

"Don't be like that Luke." she purred, running her thumbs on my stomach just above my jeans. 

"Brooke, get out. You don't seriously think that you can cause all of that shit and then one day push your way into my house and try and get me to do stuff with you. It doesn't work like that anymore, I love someone, and all of this shit is over, behind us." I told her, pushing her back again. Like before, she walked back to me, this time putting a hand on the button of my jeans.

"Come on Luke, I need you, and I know you need me too." she said, her voice low. It disgusted me, how she thought that she could do anything she wanted to do and get anything she wanted to get.

"But I don't need you, and I never will. Do you not know that I don't like you, Brooke?" I asked her. Instead of pushing her away from me for her to just walk back over to me again, I walked away. I knew that she would be pushy and wouldn't leave, so I walked into the kitchen, getting out a glass to get myself some water.

"Luke, I don't like you either. I think you're an asshole, but you can't lie about our, times together." she said, a small smirk on her lips.

"Are you leaving yet?" I asked her, leaning against the counter and looking over at her.

"Are you and Caitlyn talking again?" she asked me, sitting down at the counter instead of leaving like I was trying to get her to do.

"Barely, thanks to you." I replied bluntly, putting my empty glass down beside me.

"I'm actually kind of with Calum." Brooke told me, staring at me the whole time, playing with her hair and pouting out her lips. I frowned.

It made me quite surprised. I didn't think that Brooke was able to commit herself to just one person for any longer than a day, I was wondering how she would manage having a boyfriend. A small shot of guilt went through me for Calum, how a girl he was getting with was in my house, trying to have sex with me and not him.

"So you're with Calum, but you came to my house and tried to kiss me?" I asked her, a frown still on my face.

"I just wanted to go back to old times. Remember what it was like." she told me, biting down on her bottom lip.

I don't particularly like Calum at the minute, he's being a douche not only to me, but to Caitlyn too. He used to be my best friend though, and I can't stand Brooke just walking all over him like that.

"Get out Brooke." I finally said.

"Why? I don't want to leave. I wanted to do something, but you're being boring." she replied, a small smirk on her face again, the one I can't stand.

When she made no effort to get out of the chair and move, I got up and pulled her up, walking her to the front door. Then, without a word, I opened the door and gave her a slight nudge until she was out of my house and then I closed the door.