Chapter 36

Caitlyn's POV:

Just as the film finished and I put on TV, there was a knock at the door. Before I went and answered it, I looked out of the window and saw a familiar car. Luke actually skipped school and came to my house like he said he wanted to. I walked towards the door, pulling it open and going back to the living room and leaving Luke to close the door.

"I can't believe you actually skipped school." I told him, watching him as he walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa next to me.

"I have done it before, Caitlyn." Luke replied, shaking his head at me.

"Still." I said, shrugging my shoulders. I picked up my glass of water from the table and drunk a bit before placing it back onto the table.

"How are you?" Luke asked me, kicking his shoes off and putting his legs onto the sofa, crossing them. When I turned to look at him, he was chewing on his lip ring, studying my face.

"I'm okay. Why?" I asked him, facing him and crossing my legs like he did.

"You're my girlfriend, that's something I should ask you, isn't it?" Luke asked me, a small smile tugging at his lips.

"I'm okay." I repeated, nodding my head and smiling back at him.

"Good. Now what are you going to do today?" he asked me, still looking at me. His tongue quickly swiped across his lips as he pushed a hand through his hair, ruffling it up as he pushed it upwards.

"I'm supposed to be ill, I'm not going anywhere." I replied, not really sure of what he thought I would be doing today.

"That's no fun. So we're just staying here and watching films again?" Luke asked me in reply. He reached for my hand and started playing with my fingers.

"We're?" I joked, even though I knew he would stay round all day. I wanted him to stay round all day, I love having his company.

"You're so funny Caitlyn." Luke said sarcastically. He pulled my arm, making me move towards him. Luke wrapped his arms around my waist while I just lied on his chest. "What are you watching?"

"I was watching a film but it finished so I put on TV. There isn't anything to watch." I replied, even though there was a lot to watch, I just didn't want to look through every channel for something.

"Where's the remote then?" Luke asked me. I reached forwards and got the remote, passing it back to Luke and leaning back against his chest.

I watched the TV as Luke quickly skimmed through loads of the channels. Sighing, he put the remote back down next to me without changing the channel. 

"Why can't we just go out somewhere?" Luke asked me, twisting a piece of my hair around his finger.

"I'm meant to be at home ill! What if my mum comes home early?" I asked him. I wouldn't mind going out though; I just don't want to get into trouble.

"Come on Caitlyn, I won't let you get caught, we'll be home quickly. If she does get home early and asks you where you've been then you could just say that you went for a walk to get some fresh air." Luke said, trying to persuade me.

"Fine." I sighed, getting up and going upstairs to my room. As quickly as I could, I got ready and then went back downstairs where Luke was still surprisingly sitting.

"Ready?" Luke asked me.

I had no idea where we were actually going, but anywhere would be better than just sitting in my living room all day. Quickly shoving my phone and keys into my pocket, I pulled my coat on.