Chapter 18

Caitlyn's POV:

Today was Thursday, which means I have to tutor Luke. I was still quite angry at him because of yesterday. First off he didn't wake me up so I couldn't go home or even tell my mum I was sleeping round his and then he tells Ashton that I asked to stay at his, making him annoyed at me. It was probably going to be quite awkward today, especially after our little argument after school.

It looked quite cold outside today, so I pulled on a pair of leggings and a baggy grey sweater with my converse. I actually quite like cold weather; I get to wear sweaters and other comfy clothes. When I had gotten dressed, I brushed my teeth; put on light make-up (a bit of foundation and some mascara) picked up my bag and phone and left my room. I hadn't done anything with my hair, I just left it down.

"I'm going to school!" I called out to my mum, who was in the kitchen.

"Okay, bye Caitlyn, have a good day!" she called back. Putting my bag over my shoulder, I walked outside into the cold air.

Even though I like the cold weather, it was times like these that make me wish I could drive. Instead, I walked to the bus stop and sat on the seat, waiting. Whenever it's cold outside, the bus always seems to take so much longer to get here. When it's hot outside on the other hand, if I want to get the early bus, I have to rush to the bus stop. It's weird; I don't know why it's like that. About ten minutes later, the bus got here. I stepped on the bus, which was warm, showed the driver my ticket and went to sit down.

The bus journey to school isn't that long, about twenty minutes, sometimes less but sometimes more if there's traffic. There wasn't that much traffic today, so it didn't take very long. When I could see the bus stop I needed to get off at, I pressed the button, put my bag back over my shoulder and walked to the front of the bus.

"Thanks." I muttered to the driver as I got off. The cold air blew towards me, my hair flying everywhere. I put my hands into my sweater, keeping them out of the cold. Quickly, I walked to school.

As soon as I was in school, I started to warm up. My school always have their heating on, even if it's hot outside. I started walking around the school, going nowhere in particular, just to pass time. Normally when I'm early I would go to the library, but I couldn't really be bothered to go there today.

On my walk, I saw Luke walk through the main school doors. He was wearing his normal skinny black jeans, these ones with holes in the knees. He had a black sweater on, not baggy like mine, but quite tight. His hair was up in a quiff like normal, a pair of vans on his feet. Luke looked over at me for a second, until I looked away and walked off.

"Caitlyn!" Luke called after me.

"What?" I asked him. I didn't mean for it to come out as harsh as if sounded. "Sorry." I apologised.

"It's fine. Um, I was just asking if tutoring is still on." Luke asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be? Just because of yesterday, I'm not going to cancel." I told him, laughing a bit.

"Okay. I was just wondering." he told me. Luke looked at me briefly before turning and walking in the opposite direction.

________________________________

The day dragged on, but finally it was last lesson; history. I hadn't seen Ashton at lunch today, but I sit next to him in history so I will see him then. In no rush, I slowly walked to my history class. I've been really tired today, all I want to do is go home and sleep, but I can't even do that when I get home because Luke was coming over.

When I got to my class, I opened the door and sat down. A few people were already here, probably so that they could sit in warmth instead of outside in the cold. At least ten minutes later, five minutes before the lesson starts, Ashton walked through the door. He was wearing a black beanie over his head. Ashton hasn't worn a beanie in ages; he normally wears a bandana or nothing. Smiling at me, he came and sat down.