Chapter 39

Luke's POV:

Her head was resting on my shoulder as I lay on my back, her arm slung across my ribcage. We were just lying there in silence, but a comfortable silence. My hand ran through her hair, her head nuzzled into my chest. Then suddenly, it was ripped from me and she was gone. It had only been a dream. I just carried on lying there, not wanting to get up.

Caitlyn's bitch English teacher did tell about me and I got suspended for a week. Although I'm not even with Caitlyn anymore, my only times I would be able to see her now would be at school, and I can't even do that for a week.

I haven't spoken to her since she left, which was only three days ago, but it feels a lot longer than that. I've tried calling her every day for the past three days and I've sent her loads of texts, but she hasn't replied to any of them. I even drove to her house but I got too scared to knock, so I left. That was the morning after our argument, before she would leave to go to school, but since then I've been in bed. To top off my shit week, I got my fine sent through to me, which has to be paid within a week. I have the money already, but I don't want to pay for something that's stupid anyway.

I miss Caitlyn so much, I'm so used to seeing her every day that now it's weird. Knowing that she probably won't talk to me that much again makes it even harder. I truly love Caitlyn, and I really did do the wrong thing. I know that I shouldn't have done what I did, but that was before I knew how I really felt and before I knew how to act about it all.

It's hard for me to open up to anyone as much as I did with Caitlyn. My feelings felt strange, and I've never felt like it before. As time went on, I realised that I loved her, which was even more weird because I've never loved anybody before. I didn't like how vulnerable I felt, so I ended up doing the wrong thing.

When I heard my phone vibrate from next to me, I grabbed it, snatching it up and looking at the screen. My heart tightened when I saw Caitlyn's name, and I let out a deep breath I didn't even realise I was holding.

"Hello?" I said frantically into the phone, eager to hear her response.

"Hi Luke." she replied, her voice quite quiet. "I was just, uh, phoning to tell you that exams are in a few months, so my teacher wants me to start tutoring again. If that's okay."

"Of course it's okay!" I replied quickly. She was probably thinking I was really weird at the moment, but I'll admit that I'm really desperate for her to forgive me.

"Uh, okay. Could you come to the library after school?" she asked me.

Just as I was about to ask her to come to my house instead, I quickly closed my mouth. If I wanted to get her back and she wanted to go to the library, then I would go to the library. "Yeah sure. Are you busy? Can we talk?"

"I'm actually about to go into class, I'll see you later Luke." she replied. She sounded different, her voice was quiet and she sounded a bit upset. As bad as it sounds, I was happy that she felt upset because then I know I'm not the only one upset about our breakup.

As soon as she hung up the phone, although it wasn't really a long conversation I was hoping for, I was so happy to finally hear her and talk to her again. I slowly swung my legs over the side of my bed, getting up. It was quite late already, but I still had a few hours.

I decided to get ready early, so then I definitely wouldn't be late when I go to meet her. I walked into the bathroom, quickly brushing my teeth. Then, I took off the jogging bottoms I was wearing as pyjamas, as well as my boxers, and got into the shower. My shower was quick, and I was out within fifteen minutes. Grabbing a towel, I briefly dried myself before wrapping the towel around my hips, walking back to my room.