Chapter 14

Caitlyn's POV:

I sat on the sofa with my head resting on my hand. The film had finished now and Anna was laying on her back talking to her 'baby' while kicking her legs around. My phone buzzed and I quickly looked at it.

Ashton:
On my way round now x

Oh great. I quickly dialled his number and walked into the hall. He answered on the second ring.

"Hey. I'm just in the car." he told me.

"Well, earlier my mum made me baby sit and they're in traffic. I'm really sorry Ash, I don't know how long they'll be." I told him.

"It's fine, my mum hasn't even started dinner yet. You sound so worried." he laughed.

"Oh okay, and I was worried!" I told him, a small smile of relief on my face.

"I'm gonna go, see you in a bit." he said before hanging up the phone.

I was really happy that it wouldn't matter if we were a bit later. Even if my mum got here at half 5 it might even be alright. Me and Ashton could just sit and look after Annabelle until my parents get here and then we can go to Ashton's house.

I quickly ran up the stairs and into my room, looking in the mirror to check if I looked okay. Ashton's seen me in all possible states, but I still want to look nice when I see him. Reaching out for my perfume, I quickly sprayed some more on myself. I pulled some socks onto my feet and picked up my shoes, taking them downstairs with me and putting them by the front door ready for when I leave.

"Where's mummy and daddy?" Anna asked me from in the living room.

"They're on their way home." I told her, sitting on the sofa in the living room.

Ten minutes passed and I heard a car pull up outside the front of the house. I shot up and looked out the window, and sure enough, it was Ashton. I walked to the front door and opened it before he was even there. He locked his car and walked towards me smiling. He was wearing his usual black skinny jeans with a rolling stones top covered in holes.

"Hey." he said, pulling me in for a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, his arms around my waist, and buried my head in his neck. When we pulled out of the hug, he shut the door behind him and started taking off his shoes.

"You don't have to." I told him. I hardly ever take my shoes off at my house, and he knows he doesn't have to take off his shoes.

"I know. I want to. These are my only shoes I wear but, God, they hurt putting them on and walking around in them." he told me.

"Clearly you need a new wardrobe. Shoes that are way too small. T shirts with loads of holes in them. Do you even have any without holes?" I asked him, laughing.

He started laughing at what I said before going back to serious. "I like my clothes, Caitlyn." he told me, before walking past me and into the living room.

I stood there for a while, before following him into the living room to find him sitting on the floor with Anna.

"I wouldn't sit with her Ashton. She might steal your swing." I told him.

He threw his head back, his laughter filling the room. "That was one time! There's no swing in here, she's fine." he said, still laughing a bit.

Annabelle just looks thoroughly confused and, to be honest, I don't blame her. I hadn't even made her get ready today, she was still sitting there in her fluffy pink baby grow she wore last night.