Chapter 34

Caitlyn's POV:

On Monday, Luke picked me up from my house so that I wouldn't have to get the bus to school. After that, when we got to school, he just walked past Michael and Calum and didn't even glance in their direction.

"I don't want you to never talk to them again because of me." I told Luke when we had walked past them, after seeing them stare at Luke and Luke look straight ahead, a frown on his face.

"I'm not never going to talk to them again, they've just pissed me off and they need to know that they're wrong." Luke replied. A frown was still on his face, and he was still looking forwards.

"So long as you don't lose your best friends." I said, looking at him as we carried on walking.

"No." Luke replied simply, ending the conversation there. I didn't want to start an argument with Luke, so I just nodded and kept quiet after that.

Considering it was a Monday, the day had gone really quickly. I had maths and then after that, it was lunch. I sat down in my seat, looking forwards at the board to see what we had to do. Then, I opened up my book, wrote down the date and title and started my work.

_________________

At the end of the lesson, everyone rushed out of the room like they usually do. I never understand why they all rush to get out of class, you'll get out of the class at one point, there's no need to run.

I saw Luke outside my classroom, leaning against the wall and waiting for me. People were crowding around the door, shoving each other to get out and go to lunch. Someone got pushed into Luke, and he gave them a dirty look before shoving them off of him and rolling his eyes. He didn't seem like he was in a very good mood today.

"Oh, Caitlyn?" Mr Smith called me over, just as I was about to leave.

"Yes?" I asked him, walking back over to his desk where he was sat.

"I was just going to ask you about the tutoring. All going well?" he asked me, looking up from his papers and at me.

"Yes, it's going really well." I told him, nodding my head.

"You two seem to get along better than when I was talking to you both in my office before you started tutoring him." he suddenly said. My eyes widened a bit, and I got really confused.

"What?" I asked him, my voice quick and confused.

"He's waiting outside for you. Why, what did you think I was going to say?" he asked me, raising an eyebrow and smiling slightly.

"Nothing, I was just a bit confused." I quickly stuttered, adjusting my bag on my shoulder.

He just kept an eyebrow raised, and I took that as a chance to excuse myself and leave his classroom. Luke was still stood there, and when I looked over at him he reached his thumb up, scratching his top lip before pushing himself off of the wall with his arm and starting to walk. I followed quickly behind him, practically running.

"Are you alright?" I asked when I caught up to him. He was walking outside to the tree where we usually sit.

"Yeah." Luke replied, but I knew that he weren't. When we got to the tree, he sat straight down, and let out a sigh.

"You sure?" I asked him, trying to sound as nice as I could. He looked over at me finally, and sighed again.

"I'm just in a shit mood." Luke told me, shrugging his shoulders.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked him, tilting my head to the side slightly.

"It's just stuff with the boys. Brooke's got involved, feeding them both a load of bullshit that they're obviously believing." he told me, rolling his eyes. "It's stupid; I don't know why I'm so pissed off."