Chapter 5

Caitlyn's POV:

I stayed there, sitting on the toilet floor for about 30 minutes. The only thing that made me get up was a girl walking in the toilets. She looked down at me, giving me a dirty look before walking into a cubicle and muttering "freak" under her breath.

I pushed the toilet doors open with my bag over my shoulder and speed walked to my class, art. As soon as I opened the classroom door, all attention was diverted towards me.

"Why are you late, Caitlyn?" Mrs White asked me, her eyebrow raised.

"I uh, um.." I stammered. I really didn't know what to say. 'Sorry Miss, I was late because I was sitting on the toilet floor hugging my knees and crying because I have to tutor my bully.' didn't really seem like a good thing to say, considering most people don't like me, and that will just make me an even bigger laughing stock. So instead, I stood there, my face probably as red as a tomato, not saying anything.

Mrs White tutted and handed me a slip of paper, signifying that I have an after school detention on Friday. I quickly shoved the slip in my pocket and hurried to my seat, pulling out my pencil and grabbing my book. I glanced over at the people on my table, looking down at there books to see what we had to do. When I saw several flowers, I started to draw one myself.

_________________

The day dragged by pretty slowly, and finally, it was last lesson. History. History is probably my favourite subject. Not only do I enjoy learning about things that have happened in the past, but Ashton is in my class and he sits on my table. The people in my class aren't really like everyone in my other classes, either. They don't really socialise with me, just like the people in my other classes, but they don't throw things or say horrible things to me like the rest do. All of them just get on with the lesson, which I like.

Fairly early, I walked into class and put my bag under the table, sitting down in my seat and waiting for people to file into the classroom. I don't know how I didn't notice, but somehow Ashton had managed to sneak into the room. He was sitting next to me, giving me a goofy grin.

"You scared me Ash!" I exclaimed, but a smile of my own spread across my face.

"Sorry, didn't mean to." he told me, still smiling. "So, what's new?" he asked, dragging out the word 'new'.

"You don't even want to know." I said, sighing and shaking my head.

"Yes I do. If theres something wrong of course I want to know. I would need to know." he said.

This is why I liked Ashton. He doesn't have a bad bone in his body. He's so caring and protective, but then he's so goofy and fun, and unlike me, he doesn't care what anybody thinks of him. I honestly don't know what I would do without him.

"Well, long story short, my maths teacher was giving me someone to tutor, right?" I started, and he nodded so I continued. "So it turns out I have to tutor Luke." I finished.

His face screwed up into a frown, his smile disappearing. "Please tell me you're talking about a different Luke?" he asked, although he already knew the answer.

I shook my head no and his eyebrows raised.

"Well crap." he said. "That really sucks. Can't you ask to switch who you're tutoring, surely if you explained the situation to your teacher he would allow it?" Ashton asked.

"Ashton, you know I haven't told anybody about Luke. After this year ends, we have one year left and then I will never see him again, and nobody would of have to stick their noses in and make the situation even worse than it already is. I've done it once, theres no way I'm doing that again, I'll just have to deal with it. I can deal with it." I told him. By now, lots of people were in the classroom, people were sitting on our table, ending mine and Ashtons conversation. I weren't complaining though. I didn't want to talk about that, he knows how I feel and theres no way I'm telling any teachers about it. Nine times out of ten, telling a teacher about it makes the person bully you even more, and that way they have more reasons to bully you. I'd made that mistake when it first started. Never again.