Part 3

- Your Pov-

Like always, you woke up early. however, this time your eyes widened when you saw your arms were around Jessica, and you had pulled her closer to you, cuddling her. You had felt yourself grab onto something last night, but had assumed it was one of the pillows that you had set to prevent this kind of thing from happening. You were going to let go of her, and hope she hadn't noticed when you started to notice the small details about how she slept. The rise and fall of her as she took her even breaths, her heartbeat sounding, the miracle of her life. The cute little snore she gave as she kept sleeping. You also couldn't help but notice how perfectly she fit in your arms, like a puzzle piece that was always meant to be there. Seeing this, you find yourself unable to let go, afraid that if you did, you would wake up again and see she had slipped away. The warmth of her as she slept soon put you back to sleep, and you found yourself thinking that this was how it was meant to be, how it always should have been. 

A few hours later, you woke up a little bit before Jessica. You could tell she was in the early stages of waking up herself, and so you removed your arms from her, albeit reluctantly, and not really wanting to. However, once you did, you sat up and went to the kitchen. In a few minutes, she join you, her hair disheveled, and she looked like a mess. And yet, it managed to be a beautiful mess. You shook your head, and did your best to stop staring. " Uh, I have half a box of frosted flakes, and half a slice of cheese pizza," you told her apologetically. " We could also find like an IHOP or something for breakfast."

She chuckles at this, and then runs a hand through her hair. " Well, I'm going to hop in the shower," she says. " And then after that, Burnie offered me a chance to eat breakfast somewhere with the Roosterteeth crew so we could do some introductions." You nod, and then she hops into the bathroom after you explain to her briefly how to use it without freezing or burning herself as you had done in your first night here. She thanks you for this, and then steps in, and you hear the water start. 

You take a bit from the half slice of pizza, and then wonder what exactly is your plan here. Your endgame is to end up with Jessica, so you could cuddle her every night as you had last night. But, as for the process of getting there was a little bit murky. In that, you had no plan whatsoever. You had sold your house, quit your job and decided you were going to live in Texas. When the convention and video game tournament ended, then you were out of a job, and had no place to stay other than this hotel. All you knew was that you couldn't go back to New York when all this was over. If you did, then you were done. You had had every chance to be with Jessica possible, and this was finally going to be the one you took. If you went back to New York, then she was going to slip out of your life again, and that was the one thing that you just weren't going to let happen. Watching her leave once had been tough enough, and there was no way you were strong enough to watch it happen for a second time. 

Going to her phone, you found the number of Burnie, and dialed it from your phone. On the third ring, he picked up. " Burnie Burns," he says, sounding confused. " May I ask who's calling? I don't have this number."

" (y/n) (l/n)," you told him. " I hope you don't mind me calling. I was who she stayed with last night, and then I was going to take her to breakfast with you guys since she mentioned it."

" Oh, okay. Thank you," he says. " She has mentioned you, and speaks highly of you. In fact, she has you listed as a reference and emergency contact." Your eyes widen when he says this, shocked that she still trusted you enough to be her emergency contact, even after all these years of being apart. 

" Wow," you say, and you hear him chuckle. You take a deep breath, and then place your hands on the counter. " Listen, I was wondering if Roosterteeth had room for me. I just moved to Texas myself, and was looking for a job. I write a web comic, which is picking up some followers, and I'm in several e-sports leagues."

" Uh, I can always see if we have an opening available," he says. " But, I can't make any promises. We're going to be swamped the next couple of days, and I don't know when any of us are going to have time to give an interview. Sorry man."

You tell him it's fine, and then place your hands on the counter. " Hey, why did you move to Texas," he asks. " I googled you out of curiosity, and it has your area of residence as New York. Aren't you only in Texas for the gaming convention?"

Something tells you to level with him, and then you finish the pizza. " Okay. I was originally only in Texas when I was invited to the convention. But, let me be completely honest here. I heard from Jessica that she had been offered a job here, and was going to be living here. I sold my house, quit my job and decided I was going to live here. Because, I cannot let her out of my life."

There's a long pause, and you wonder how he's going to react to this. " You really love her don't you," he asks, and you confirm for him that you do. " Look, come to breakfast with us. I'll find sometime to make it an interview for you."

You thank him over and over, and then end the call when the shower door opens, and Jessica smiles at you. She asks if you're ready, and then nod. You grab the keys to your rental car, and then offer her your arm. Smiling, she links it with hers, and then the two of you walk down, and drive to breakfast.