Part 9

-Your Pov-

You sit, and hold Jessica's hand. She rests her head on your shoulder, and the two of you look out the window from the house you bought together. It's small, with only one floor, and your boxes still decorate the floor. And, it's only going to get more crowded when the twins come. But, this is a step. The two of you are going to figure this out, you just know it. It's you and Jessica. Sure, the two of you have been freaking out about this for days, and been being lectured on safe sex more than that. But, you're still so grateful that this is happening with Jessica. If you were going to raise children with anyone, it was going to be Jessica. And you knew she was worried, but suspected that was going to change when she saw your children, and as the pregnancy went further.

Right now, you two sat reading from a book of baby names. " No, we are not naming our children 'Goku' and 'Vegeta'," she says, and not for the first time. You've been trying for those names for over an hour now. " Besides, what if we have one girl? And what if it's both girls?"

" I dunno then," you admit, having been looking for mostly boy names. " Did you have anything in mind?" This prompts Jessica to rattle off all the girl names from the first few pages of the book, clearly having been doing the same thing as you, just with girl names instead. This makes you chuckle.

" Clearly you're hoping for girls," you joke, and then she nods. After a moment, you get serious. " Hey Jess. What do you want for our children? Boy, girl? Boy and a girl?" She takes a long minute to think about it, before she shrugs.

" It's going to be enough for me if they're happy and healthy," she says. " And, I don't care if that means they're both boys or both girls. I don't care if it means they're straight, gay or what. All I want is two beautiful children we can raise together. What about you?"

" I agree. To me, it doesn't matter what the outcome is for them. Whatever combination they end up being, or what they want out of life. They're our children. And, Jess...I'm really glad this is happening. I mean, until recently, I never thought I would ever have a chance to be with you. And now, we're moving in together, and you're pregnant. This is honestly a dream come true for me."

" It is for me too," she says. " I travel a lot, and I love to travel and I love to cosplay. But, you know what I've always wanted deep down? The idea of the white picket fence. Kids, and then a loving husband. I keep seeing in my mind, our twins running around in the backyard, and you barbecuing, and then I come out, and place an arm around you."

" That sounds amazing Jess. I'm going to learn how to barbeque just to make that dream true for you. You know what I've been picturing? I keep picturing a long day of work at Roosterteeth. And you and I leave the office, and the only good thing we can say about that day is, 'Thank God it's over.' But, we get into the car, and we're driving. And we go the daycare to pick up our children. And they run towards us saying ' Mommy and Daddy.' And then we know that it'll be okay because we have them."

"(y/n), that's beautiful," says Jessica, swallowing a lump in her throat. " I know you're going to be an amazing father. I just hope I can learn how to be a good mother." You smile when she says this, and then give her hand a soft squeeze.

" I know you will. You're Jessica Nigri. Since we were kids, I've seen you pull off everything you ever tried to. And, maybe it wasn't right away. But, you always managed to do so. You just had to want it enough, and then you were able to make it happen. And, I know how bad you want this. So, you're going to be the best mother ever Jess."

" Thank you," she says, before burying her head in your chest. " But, even if we can handle being parents, what if we can't handle each other?"

" Oh Jess," you say, wrapping your arms back around her. " This is you and me. We've been friends since...forever, and we made that work even when the two of us were separated by literal oceans. And oh sure, you and I have our arguments. But, it has never been anything that we didn't manage to come back from. This is you and me we're talking about here. And, I will be with you through thick and thin. Our beautiful children aren't going to the change that."

" You always know what to say," she says, happy again. She pulls away from you, and then begins to discuss with you different situations that will come up as parents, and you two chuckle as you roleplay and do your best to navigate some of these potential challenges. And you know in that instant that everything is going to be okay. Like you had told Jess, but you were always telling her to try and assure yourself.

The two of you go back to trying to figure out baby names, and sit in a comfortable silence. " Hey, I have an idea," says Jessica, and you look to her, curious. " Let's do this. I pick a name for a girl, and you pick a name for a boy, that isn't 'Goku.' That way, if we have one of each, then we already have a name."

" That sounds great," you tell her, and then the two of you go back to trying to pick out names. Eventually, the two of you write down the names you came up with, and then smile warmly at each other when you reach a consensus.

Mason and Samantha.

( let me know what you thought. A huge shoutout goes to @rwbyfan722. He was the first on to Pm me about them having twins, and the names. He's also one of my most loyal readers, who comes up with a lot of ideas I end up using, and why I write these voice actor x reader stories.)