Part 14

-Your Pov-

You sat on the couch, and then did your best to focus on typing on your laptop, getting the invitations for your wedding. You were coming up with plans, and a guest list. All the while, Jessica sat next to you, going over a photo album and scrapbook. Every so often, she would make some sound when she saw one, and then you would watch as she laughed at something. This went on for about an hour, and then you turned to Jessica, and then watched her as she laughed for a little bit. " So, uh, you know this is your wedding too," you ask her, and she looks up at you. " I'm just saying, I could use a bit a help."

" I'm carrying your twins," she jokes, and then you laugh. " Give me a few more moments to do this, and then I promise I'll help you send out these invitations, or whatever it is that you're working on right now. Give me a few moments to be wistful, and then we can trade." You nod at her, and then go back to working, not really caring who does the work as long as the two of you end up getting married together.

This went on for about an hour, and she was looking at one picture fondly, and then you looked down at her, and tried your best to see the picture she was looking. " It's been an hour," you pointed out to her. " Just a little bit of help would be nice." She nodded when you said this, and then chuckled a little bit.

" I know, I know," she says. " But look, I found this picture and I wanted you to look at it." She handed the folder to you, and then you took it from her, and then you looked at it. The picture was of you on bended knee, and Jessica smiling at you, and taking the ring from you in the middle of a restaurant and then hugging you.

" I remember this," you tell her. And then the two of you hesitate for a few moments, and then you two look at each other. " Wait a minute. Does this mean that you and I have been engaged for over ten years?"

" I guess yeah," she says, laughing a little bit. " I mean, did either of us call this off?" You shake your head at her, and then she breaks into a laugh. " I can't believe this. You and I have been engaged for so long."

" How old were we when this happened," you ask. " Because, if we were legal adults, then yeah this was a legally binding marriage proposal." She thinks about it for a few minutes ,and then tries to find the date on the photo.

" Well, we were sixteen when this happened, but you and I were on a trip to England, where the age of consent is 16. So, yeah this means you and I have been legally engaged for the longest time, and are only now getting around to it." The two of you kept laughing when this happened, until the two of you had tears in your eyes.

" Why did we even do this," you manage to ask her eventually. " I remember we had some reason for it, but then it slipped away from me eventually." She thinks about it for a few moments, and then laughs even more.

" We were at some fancy place. The bill came, and the both of us barely had enough money to pay for it and everything else we had to do that night, and we were trying to figure out the best way to make it work," she reminds you. " And then you and I were texting one of our smart friends, and then she told us we got a free meal if we proposed."

" That's right! And then you just took the ring you had been wearing and then tossed it to me, and I barely caught it. I went through this big speech about how you were the love of my life, and I wanted to spend it with you," you say, remembering the memory fondly. " And then everyone came out to cheer for us, and then we got a free meal."

\

" You were so convincing," she says. " I thought for a moment that you weren't joking, and I believed you. I mean, I know now that you really weren't joking. I wish I had realized that earlier." She looks a little sad when she says this, and then you place a hand over hers.

" Jess ,you and I never have been the most timely people. We may arrive late, but we always arrive and that counts for something I think, as long as we get there. It may have taken the both of us awhile to realize our feelings for each other, but we did and that's what matters. As long as we make it happen, who cares how long it takes? This is you and me. And I think this was worth the wait," you tell her, and then she smiles and rests her head on your chest.

" You always know what to say," she says. " I love you so much you know that?" The two of you nod, and then the two of you begin to joke about how loves each other more, and this goes on for sometime, before the two of you both agree that the two of you love each other a lot, and that's what really counts.

" Well, you and I put things off a long time," she says as a joke eventually, and then the two of you laugh, and then she puts the scrapbook aside, and then looks up at you. " Let me help you get to work with this, so our engagement doesn't have to wait another few years to be put into place."

You smile when she says this, and then the two of you go back to working on the wedding, although it takes the two of you sometime to actually get serious about working on invitations, all the while chuckling about how long the two of you have been engaged for.

( let me know what you thought. A bit short ,but eh, I'm proud of this)