Chapter 16- Giddy up cowboy

***
"MAIL CALL." someone yells from the hallway leading into the lobby. A second later a bunch of kids come crashing into the lobby.

Obviously knowing my dad he's not gonna send me anything so mail call doesn't mean anything to me but everyone else is excited

"Aww yes our mom's muffins are the best." Zack said opening the metal tin and taking out two muffins. He hands one to me and keeps one for himself. I give him a soft kiss on the cheek for the gift.

"I thought you said your mom was a bad cook." Bailey replied. Zack and Cody both nodded at her statement.

"oh I wouldn't dare these but they sure are fun to play with." Zack said bouncing one on the floor. It came back up to him like a fucking basketball.

"Holy shit." I said bouncing the muffin along with the twins.

"Hey babe don't you have mail?" Zack asked me. I looked down at my feet knowing I couldn't tell him about my situation.

"My parents must've forgot." I said.
Parents with a 'S' which means plural which means I'm lying to Zack and to my friends. Oh god I'm so stupid I just should tell them the truth. But then they'll be all up in my business I can't have that.

"But you've never had mail." Bailey said. At this point I didn't want to start an argument but I was getting upset.

"Why don't you just mind your damn business and stop worrying about me." I yelled hen stormed off.

***

"Wow, these are mom's bounciest muffins ever. Ooh, there's one left." Zack said as he bounced the muffin against the door. Cody,Woody, Zack and I were all chilling in his room but we still haven't talked about my lash out this morning.

"I got it." Woody says as he grabs the muffin and starts eating it like a chipmunk.

"You ate the rest of them? Should we take him to the infirmary?" Zack turned to me with a worried face.
"Eh, it's Woody." I shrugged. I haven't talked mostly because of this morning but I've just been in some weird mood today.

"He once ate a tetherball, remember? We had to pull it out by the rope." Cody said looking up from his book that he was reading.

"Ew." We all squealed. Just the thought of that alone made me want to throw up.

"Besides, I've got other stuff on my mind right now." Cody said officially dropping his book.

"Wait, let me guess next month's homework?" I rolled my eyes because Zack's literally oblivious to Cody's entire life if he doesn't know the answer.
"He's talk about fucking Bailey dipshit." I said to Zack. Zack laughed at my name calling, which made me smile for the first time today.

Yeah, I'm talking about Bailey being homesick. I feel terrible that she feels terrible." Cody said with so much sadness in his voice. He really cared about her.