Chapter 41: Always the Bridesmaid never the Bride

***

The school morning was going exactly like it usually does. Boring as fuck!! So before Ms.Tutweiller came in we decide to have an arm wrestle with Zack and me.

"You ready for this Zachary?" I bit my lip and smirked. His eyes widened as I said his full name in front of the whole class.

"As ready as I'll ever be...babygirl." It was now his turn to smirk knowing that little nickname would get to me. I blushed but looked down to try and hide it.

"Now when I say go I want you to put everything you've got into it, okay?" Woody said as Zack and I connected our hands. "All right. Go!" Woody exclaimed making the whole class erupt with cheering.

I could feel Zack pushing against my hand but not enough to move it that far. "Oh, are we starting." I said acting like I have no clue whats going on. I then pushed his arm down causing him to fall on the ground like a baby.

Just then Ms.Tutweiller walked into the class making all the kids quickly move back to their seats leaving Zack the only one who didn't because he was on the ground stunned by what just happened. "Hello, class. Zack, what are you doing on the floor?" She askes.

"Uh, looking for his manhood." Cody responded for Zack.

"Come on big guy." I said pulling him up to the empty seat next to me.

"Ok, let's get this class started." She says clapping her hands. "So in social studies this week we're gonna do something a little different. Now, this assignment is going to be worth half your grade. But everyone will have a partner-" She explains.

"I pick Cody!" Everyone, Except me, in the class runs to Cody. I'm just as smart as Cody but the thing is I get really bad anxiety when doing partner projects so Ms. Tutweiller told me that I can do projects by myself.

"-And the two of you will become a married couple." She finishes.

"Ew!" Everyone says and walks away. "I PICK MARA!!" All the boys (Except Cody) comes running to me.

"Too bad guys. This one's mine." Zack says as he grabs my waist and lifts me off the ground to spin me around.

"How are you guys so cute." Ms.Tutweiller asks.

Zack lets go of my waist and gets down on one knee. "So Mara Grace Taylor, will you marry me?" Zack asks. Everyone in the classroom was staring at me, waiting for me to respond.

"Of-fucking-course." I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his lips. Since he was on one knee we fell over. We both started to laugh.

"Ok class let's get to work."

***

"Now everyone pick a card out of this bowl to determine your career." Ms.Tutweiller explained as she walked around with a bowl in her arms.

"Astronomer." Cody reads.

"hand model." Bailey reads.

"Teacher." Addison reads.

"Yes, my dream job! Hot-dog vendor." Woody cheers.

"All right, my turn.Ooh, FBI agent." Zack said as I smiled. I'm now dating a fake FBI agent.

I kinda got lost in my thoughts of how hot it would be if Zack was actually an FBI agent and how sexy he would look in a suit, that I didn't even hear Ms.Tutweiller call out my name.

"Mara it's your turn."

"Oh sorry ok." I said as I picked a card from the bowl. "Um- holy shit I got a waitress. I AM A WAITRESS." I said kinda laughing and kinda freaking out.