Chapter 31: So you think you can sing

***

"Guys! Guys! Guys! " Bailey yelled as she ran over to the juice bar to see Zack, Cody, and I looking bored out of our minds. "Guess what just happened!" she said jumping up and down.

We couldn't even get a word out before she started talking again. "Jordin Sparks is on the ship!" She squealed. Cody and Zack seemed to know who that was but I had no clue.

"Who's Jordin Sparks?" I mimicked her voice. Everyone stopped squealing and jumping up and down to snap their heads in my direction.

"You don't know who Jordin Sparks is?" Bailey asked in a kinda judgy voice. Her voice kinda made me feel awkward and shy for some reason.

"Never heard of her." I told them as they still gave me a confused and judgy look.

"Well for starters, she was on American Idol in 2002. Plus she has done like five movies and wrote three songs." Cody explained. We all looked at Cody ging him a surprised look. "What? I'm a fan." He said. 

We all laughed as Marcus joined us at the Juice Bar. "Hello fellow children...Hello Mara." He winked. I pretended to gag as he smirked at me.

 I pretended to gag as he smirked at me

"Hey Marcus. Can you do us a favor?" Bailey asked and Marcus nodded. "You being Lil' little and everything, do you think you can get us to meet Jordin Sparks?" She asks. 

"Oh Sparky?" He says with fake enthusiasm. We all nodded. "No." He said very bluntly and with no emotion.

"Asshole." I mumbled.

"Why not?" Zack asks.

"Because last time I saw Jordin, I was with Jay Z and Drake. Now I'm with you guys." He explained. 

"You just keep getting to be a bigger asshole by the minute. You have a real talent there." I said my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"So you're embarrassed by us?" Bailey asked and this dick actually nodded.

"You fucking suck." I said as Bailey and I both stormed away.

***

We all went to the Jordin Sparks concert but we were up on the balcony so we didn't get a good view of Jordin which Zack obviously complained about. "I bet if you just talked to her and pulled some strings, we would have front row seats."

Before Marcus could come back and say some stupid remark, Mr. Moseby ran on stage to introduce Jordin. "Now welcome to the stage Jordin Sparks." He said very excitedly.

Out came Jordin and everyone clapped. Which I don't know why, she hasn't done anything yet. "Hello everyone. I want to try out some of my new material." She said as the music started. 

"Hurry up and wait
So close, but so far away
Everything that you've always dreamed of
Close enough for you can taste
But you just can't touch