Chapter 44: Anchorman on Deck

***

"And today, when a cold front moves through the area, we're going to hit in the state of brrrrmont." The old clunky tv said.

I turned to Zack to see he's looking at me already knowing how I'm feeling. I pretend to shoot myself in the head, letting my head fall on my desk. He started laughing quietly knowing if he was any louder he would defiantly get in trouble.

Ms. Tutweiller is making us go through some of her old news reports from when she was young and slightly better looking, and let me tell you this shit is BORRRRRRRING.

"All righty, so we'll be putting together a newscast that's going to air on the ship's closed-circuit tv station." Ms. Tutweiller explained to the whole class. "I remember doing this ten years ago and let me tell you that was a joyous time." She smiled.

"Is this another attempt of reliving your past through us." I groaned.

"No...Maybe. The point is that this would be a fun experience for you all." She debated with herself. 

"I highly doubt that."

*** 

*** 

"Mara, give me an extra large Berry bonanza. But hold the strawberries, blueberries, boysenberries, and yogurt." Kirby said as he sat down on a chair at the juice bar.

After class, our whole squad decided to get some smoothies and just relax before our most likely failure of a news production.

"That would just be a cup of whipped cream." I laughed at the totally serious security guard. 

"Yep, bring it on!" He said rubbing hands together with the biggest smile ever.

"One Puppuccino coming right up." I laughed. This is why I love Kirby.

 "So what's new?" He asks our group of six.

"We're going to be doing a new show on the ship's tv station." Cody said making Kirby's face light up immediately.

"Oh, that's great!" He smiled. "You know, I don't want to brag or anything, but I had the highest-rated show on that station. It was called Boat Cops." 

"Oh yeah! I saw the one where you caught the buffet bandit." Bailey recalled a certain episode.

"Mm-hmm! Boat cops made people think twice about committing crimes on the S.S.Tipton." He said very dramatically like he was some kind of superhero.

"So why isn't it on anymore?" Zack asked. "I mean I would've loved to watch it," He told him. 

"Somebody stole my camera." Kirby exclaimed. I let out a sniffled laugh.

"Holy shit really." I just busted out laughing. 

"Well I would sit around and talk but I have to think of my first on-air report." Cody explained as if he was already apart of the whole production.