Aunt May's Cooking | Peter

Word count: 910
Peter POV

I sit at the table on my phone when I hear a knock at the door. "Hey Peter, would you get the door please?" Calls May. I walk over and open it.

"Peter! Thank God you're home!"

"Y-Y/N? What-what are you doing here?" I stammer. Man, she looks so pretty up close.

"My parents aren't home, and I don't have the keys to my apartmemt so I thought I could stay here until dinner? If that's okay with your Aunt!" She says, her voice melting me.

"Yes! O-of course! Just...wait out here while I...go ask May something!" I say, shutting the door and rushing over to the kitchen.

"May? Um, one of my classmates is here and is asking if she can have dinner with us?" I ask, fiddling with my fingers. "Ooh, a girl! Yes, let her in, let her in!" Laughs May. I rush over to the door and open it and let Y/N come in.

"Wow, it's homey" she whispers, looking around.

"Um, here, where do you want to sit?" I say, grabbing my jacket from the couch and tossing it in my open bedroom door, which I then closed. (Lmao this is so me everytime someone comes over)

"Um, the dining table will be fine" she replies, taking a seat.

"Wow, oh my goodness, hi!" Says May from the kitchen. She gives a goofy wave then turns back to her cooking.

"Your Aunt is nice" she says. I take a seat opposite to her and look down at my phone. "Peter, why don't you show Y/N your room?" May says. I freeze. "Um, okay then" i say, walking over to my bedroom, Y/N following behind me.

I open the door and wince. My clothes were on the floor and my desk was littered with textbooks and tests. My pillow was lopsided and my blanket was scrunched up.

I scratch the back of my head. "Yeah, it's normally cleaner"

"No, no" she says, walking in. "It's awesome. Really screams "teenage boy". She walks over to my bed and sits down. She glances over to the Lego sets and I blush.

"Oh, those are.. those are old, I don't play with them anymore" i say, Y/N nodding.

"Well, it's amazing! Would've taken a long time to build! Did anyone help you?"

"Oh, uh, Ned helped me. And yes, yes, uh, it did take a long time" I stutter. come on Pete, stop embarrassing yourself!

She smooths the bedsheets with her hands and pats next to her. I sit next to her and our shoulders touch. I feel her lightly shiver and I start to move away. "No, no, it's ok, you can sit next to me" she says, pulling me closer.

"So, what do you normally do in your spare time?" She asks. I shift my feet and scratch my neck (my nervous habit) and gulp.

"Uh, well, I just nor-" I was cut off by May calling us.

"Peter! Y/N! Dinner's ready!" She calls.

"Haha, you can tell me later. It's ok" says Y/N as we walk out and sit at the table. "Oooh, yummy, macaroni cheese!"

I squint at the dish on the table because of how perfect it looked. May's cooking always turned out to be burnt, soggy, dry, too salty or too spicy. But there was not a single imperfection.

"Looks good, am I right?" Says May, grinning. "Sure does Ms Parker!" Y/N beams, her smile making me jelly.

"Please, sweetheart, call me May"

May serves each of us and we tuck in. The macaroni was indeed as delicious as it looked. Creamy, cheesy, warm, soft, the right amount of salty.

"Wow May you're a really good cook" mumbles Y/N through a mouthful.

May doesn't respond but nods.

After dinner me and Y/N watch a bit of T.V, but then she gets a text saying her parents are home.

"I'm sorry, I have to go" she says, grabbing her jacket.
"Oh, there's no need to be sorry. Thanks for coming over!" Shouts May.

I walk to the door with Y/N.

"Thanks for letting me stay" she says. "And your Aunt can do some pretty good macaroni"

"Uh yeah, she can, huh" I hear a yelp come from the bathroom and then an "Oh cheese!"

Y/N giggles. "She's so funny. Anyway, I'll see you again, Peter" Y/N says before pressing her soft lips to my cheek.

I immediately feel light and bubbly inside as she walks away, waving back to me.

I close the door and lean against it, touching the spot that she kissed. Wow......

She even forgot to ask me about what I do, but that was a good thing anyway. I hear muttering in the bedroom.

I go over to May's bedroom. She's kneeling down, looking under the bed. "So...May, what's with the fantastic dinner all of a sudden?" I ask.

She looks up and goes a bit red.

"Well, that actually wasn't my cooking, m-my friend, she gave me some, so I decided to pre-cook that instead since we had a guest over"

"May!"

A/N:
omfg Peter is such a smol bean 😍

Haha i actually kinda liked this one

Also May is actually quite cute as well
Especially with glasses. I think I'll make another imagine called "I larb that" featuring May haha